Most Overrated Bands

KevinR said:
Another interesting thing is that many people have expressed their dislike to rap, but I don't remember anybody mentioning country music. Except for some exceptions like Cash, I give it a :thumbdown: .

i don't mind some of the old classic country songs from cash, jennings, williams, and others from the 60's and prior. todays country doesn't do much for me. :thumbdown:

JonMikal said:
i don't mind some of the old classic country songs from cash, jennings, williams, and others from the 60's and prior. todays country doesn't do much for me. :thumbdown:
I grew up listening to country, so I love it...but I also grew up listening to 80/early 90's rock, so I love that, too! I honestly can't say there is an entire genre of music I dislike, really. There are some I don't prefer, but there are exceptions to everything (meaning I like SOME of everything) I've even been listening to non-stop Christmas music at work for the past week.:mrgreen: I love christmas music, and so does my 80 yr old office-mate, so it works for us. We even sing along! :lol:

hobbes28 said:
I agree but also think she tends to overdo it quite a bit.

True.

I would also like to add that it's Christina's birthday this Sunday. She'll be 25.

Which means that she is exactly 7 days younger than me. Which means she's basically perfect for me.

*swooons*

The only blonde I think is hot.

Overrated...or I just don't like them?

I think Radiohead falls into both IMO.

bace said:
True.

I would also like to add that it's Christina's birthday this Sunday. She'll be 25.

Which means that she is exactly 7 days younger than me. Which means she's basically perfect for me.

*swooons*

The only blonde I think is hot.

scarlett_johansson_y.jpg

??;)

Xmetal said:
Metallica is another one that's past it's use-by date. :greenpbl:
That's true... at least if "St. Anger" is any indication. But I wouldn't call them over-rated... In their best years, they were fantastic!

Matty-Bass said:
Why here likes Mc Hammer?
Not I.:meh:

I'm pretty sure you should just leave right now. MC Hammer is the best thing to ever happen to music.

BUt I think that, Nickelback, Sum 41 and all of those other generic rock bands pretty much are the worst thing to happen to music.

JonMikal said:
you are hereby officially on notice.

one derogatory comment regarding the following will get you immediately banned :mrgreen::

the beatles
pink floyd
ccr
uriah heep
iron butterfly

thank you :D

Iron Butterfly....yes I enjoy all of their hit.

Over-rated. This a Opinion based Question. Well Here is my Opinion thanks to my art class and the lack of Style, of my art teacher he ruined the Beatles. We only listen-tend to the Beatles and The Gorillaz on a ocasion, the Whole TRIMESTER EVERYDAY. FOR AN HOUR. I seriously will get Angry when i hear any of there songs or see little Emo kids wearing The Beatles Shirts.
MK... Another band..... I hate! Absolutely Hate! Well not hate cause its a strong word but Dislike. PANIC OF THE DISCO. I like some Emo/Rock but this **** is so........... lame.

nitefly said:
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but i just had to had one to the list..

acdc.jpg

Most overrated band EVER.

Depends what country you're from.

If you're an Aussie like me, they're regarded as gods and well worth their salt since they really put Australian Rock on the international scene. :) That and Angus Young is the Aussie Rock guitarist most of us musos aspire to be like in playing style. It's just a shame Bonn Scott wrote himself off. :thumbdown:

AC/DC? you mean you don't like the same chord progression for just about every song?

Not my favorite, but we used to play alot of their songs back in the day. There are worse.

PANIC OF THE DISCO. I like some Emo/Rock but this **** is so........... lame.
Not that I'm a fan, they really don't bug me as compared to some of the other bands doing similiar stuff. Hate Fall Out Boy, even though the name is taken from the Simpsons. Right now, the EMO/Rock that I seem to like alot is Artic Monkeys.

For me;

Led Zeppelin- Reason being? Never was a huge fan of their music. I do like "starway to heaven", but I think I just can't stand the guys voice and I can't stand hearing "Whole lotta love" on every classic rock station every hour on the hour...

The Rolling Stones- Mick Jagger is annoying and always has been. Never liked his appeal or his voice. The dancing is what did me in.

U2- I do like a few songs off of the "Joshua Tree", but I could never get into them. I really don't care for Bono on or off the stage and U2 bores me..

The thing with Nirvana is, I like Nirvana. But, I feel like all of these second generation Nirvana fans are a little stupid. I do think Kurt Cobain put out some decent stuff, but he wasn't a genius and he's not my idol. I just wish fans were a little more mature than that...

I saw somebody really rip on Oasis and I'm going to say, I like oasis. I have since '96. One of the things I love about them is, they know they ripped off the Rolling Stones, T-Rex and The Beatles, but they admit it. I think that in itself takes courage because most rip-off bands won't admit they ripped anyone off! At least Oasis does and all they ever did was write good pop songs.. Plus, "She's electric" sounds like a really good Brit-pop tune rather than a Beatles rip...

Hfry said:
Over-rated. This a Opinion based Question. Well Here is my Opinion thanks to my art class and the lack of Style, of my art teacher he ruined the Beatles. We only listen-tend to the Beatles and The Gorillaz on a ocasion, the Whole TRIMESTER EVERYDAY. FOR AN HOUR. I seriously will get Angry when i hear any of there songs or see little Emo kids wearing The Beatles Shirts.
MK... Another band..... I hate! Absolutely Hate! Well not hate cause its a strong word but Dislike. PANIC OF THE DISCO. I like some Emo/Rock but this **** is so........... lame.
Overrated? What you're describing is "overplayed". :lol: I think we all end up hating anything we might have liked the first 500 times we heard it.

That said, I generally don't have a problem with the Rolling Stones, but I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing "Sympathy for the Devil". A good lyric, but geez that song gets boring. I think that SONG is overrated, not necessarily the band.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back