What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

lol right on, yea I don't have huge funds to work with, so I just picked up the 50mm 1.8 for my Canon XSi, hoping to take some shots close to decent atleast
 
Canon's 50mm f1.8 is a good lens, beating a lot of high priced premium lenses on image quality. I used to have a pretty good canon setup with two eos 400d's, canon 10-22, canon 17-55 f2.8, canon 70-200 f4 is and canon 50mm f1.8. The 70-200 and the 50 where the two sharpest lenses, followed closely by the 17-55 (which is an awesome all-around lens). Never really cared for the 10-22.. Way too soft for my taste.
 
OH nice! Thanks for that input. 70-200 huh? I was looking at the 70-300 lense.
 
This one's a bit of an "accident" really, as it was never my intention to photograph this little tree. The full size picture contains a car aswell, but I wasn't too happy with the car - but I liked the rest :)

treew.jpg
 
This one's a bit of an "accident" really, as it was never my intention to photograph this little tree. The full size picture contains a car aswell, but I wasn't too happy with the car - but I liked the rest :)

treew.jpg

Im diggin how the sun is flaring through those trees. :thumbup::thumbup:
 
I am no pro but these photos are simply breathtaking in my eyes! Stunning photography! :thumbup:
I do not see a single thing wrong with any of them.....:blushing:
Not to be prejudiced, but I have been noticing after studying some pro photography for quite some time now, that some of the best photos I have seen are shot of course, not only by a great photographer but with Canon cameras!

Beautiful!
 
Last edited:
Thanks. But should I take it as an insult, that whole thing about canon, when I've been shooting with a nikon d300 all this year? ;)
 
Thanks. But should I take it as an insult, that whole thing about canon, when I've been shooting with a nikon d300 all this year? ;)

Lol. I always laugh when someone comments about the gear when talking about how good a photo is. Gear probably makes up 10% of a good photograph and 90% is made up by the photographers ability.

Your photos really are stunning by the way. Or should I say your photos and post processing skills are stunning.
 
Thanks. Gear is far from everything, but I'd rate it higher than 10% :) But as long as you're not shooting commercial stuff and need the megapixels for large prints, there's no need to go crazy with a 5D MKII, D3 or some insanely overpriced hasselblad. Even the D300 is overkill for stuff like this. A canon 450D or nikon D90 would have sufficed. But sometimes you just got to treat yourself right :D

Anyways.. Got up at 06:30 this morning to meet up with the owner of a 2004 porsche 996 carrera s. The results will be posted here as soon as I'm done editing them. Here's a teaser for now :)

99601w.jpg
 
REAL happy with how this turned out!

99602w.jpg



99602wbw.jpg
 
I've rearly bothered shooting any interior shots.. Shame on me.

99603w.jpg
 
Last one for today.. I'm sick of looking at photoshop :)

99604w.jpg
 
Can you please correct the assymetric borders on your shots, such great pics but the eye is drawn immediately to the different thickness of the borders!!

OK, rant aside, I think the colour pic of the Porche is stunning
icon_thumright.gif


ps I'm sick of PS too, been messing around with dragracing pics all day
doh.gif
 
Mja... I'll try and do better on future ones, but the ones that are already posted will just have to be the way they are. I'm too lazy to change them, and the pictures that I really like and care for are posted on my www without and black frame around them anyways :)

Took a peek at your dragracing pictures. A couple of cool shots you have there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom