motcon wrongly closes my critique thread.

I really am going to give it a chance, I promise. But I do see some aspects of this to be straying away from what's made this place such a great, welcoming environment.

Eric.

i read your entire post, but the above is the most relevant.

every single forum on tpf is welcoming. which forum feels like 'home' to one person may not to another. there is a forum to accommodate every type of poster/photographer.

- snapshot forum
- beginner forum
- beyond forum
- all of the general forums
- critique forum

as you can see, there is a logical progression in the forums. from everyday snaps to serious, 'ok, this is the best that i have. critique me to death' (and everything in between).

if one doesn't feel comfortable with the guidelines of the critique forum, then one needn't post in it/them. it is, however; very welcoming to those who desire serious critique. each and every forum is welcoming, but each has a different standard/set of guidelines. i'm not comfortable posting in any of the photoshop related forums, so i stay away rather than contest them. i go where i feel welcome. go where you feel welcome.

please do give it a chance. it's something in which a lot of people believe to be a valuable addition. give it a shot. it's been a mere 24 hours since it opened. allow it to evolve and for the guidelines to be understood.

i realize that it's a new concept here on tpf. that doesn't inherently make it unwelcoming. everyone is welcome. pick a forum of choice and post away.

give it a chance, my friend....more than the 24 hours of its current life. i believe that you'll find it to be a very solid base of knowledge and learning opportunities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back