MPE 65 flash solution

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My flash died and at the moment I am using this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009APY9TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Yongnuo YN-560 II Flash with Standard Hot Shoe for Nikon, Canon)
In my hand and it is a slave flash triggered by the pop up flash.

The only problem is that the light is quite tricky to get right for different magnifications and a) no diffusion b) I am worried about dropping it.
Not sure what to replace it with.

Any ideas?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009APY9TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Yongnuo YN-560 II Flash with Standard Hot Shoe for Nikon, Canon)

The only problem is that the light is quite tricky to get right for different magnifications and a) no diffusion b) I am worried about dropping it.

Any ideas?
I use this. I have head covers filled with packing foam for diffusion. Fantastic kit.

Yongnuo YN-560 II Flash with Standard Hot Shoe for Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Olympus, Pentax: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (Yongnuo YN-560 II Flash with Standard Hot Shoe for Nikon, Canon)

Any ideas?
If I was satisfied with the unit that died, I would replace it with the same or similar.

If I was satisfied with the unit that died, I would replace it with the same or similar.
To be honest I want to see what other options there - particularly as I didn't have it for that long before it broke.

Thanks that is what I had but
a) the diffusers broke
b) the flash broke
Hence I am not sure if I want the same.
Ah, I thought you had that set up from memory. I've had mine for many years but no issues. Used to have the Canon version at 4 times the price but shut my car boot on it. Oops, expensive mistake🤭😁😁

Ah, I thought you had that set up from memory. I've had mine for many years but no issues. Used to have the Canon version at 4 times the price but shut my car boot on it. Oops, expensive mistake🤭😁😁
How often do you use it? I wonder if a) I was unlucky or b) I just use it a lot and that is why it broke.

Last edited:
How often do you use it? I wonder if a) I was unlucky or b) I just use it a lot and that is why it broke.
In fairness I don't use it that often but I am a clumsy oaf and it's stood up to my rigours.😁

Most reactions

New Topics

Back