Musician thread

I've played guitar for a few years now, though I'm not half as good as I should be. That would be my other hobby. My husband plays guitar and keyboard and teaches. We have a Martin, a Taylor, an Ibanez, and a Strat. He's very fond of his babies.

Recorded some Bach today... thought I would share.

Just going from a cheap mic into the computers soundcard. Violin is kinda hard to record. What I really want is a condenser mic, tube preamp and audio capture to record to hard disk.

right-click save as

I have a Crag Chaqico signature model Washburn, a cedar-top Seagull and a Fender Strat.
I used to play the clarinet, but it's been so long that I barely remember which end to blow into.

it was actually pretty cool. i picked up my sisters saxaphone today, for the first time. and now i can play any christmas carol that doesnt require sharps or flats, for i know not how to play the notes. soon ill be picking up my friends clarinet as well.

im a saxaphonists now, in addition to the Tuba, the Euphonium, the Trumpet, and the Piano. i played the trombone for a few months, but i preferred the euph.

i can play any christmas carol that doesnt require sharps or flats

Just play all of them in the key of C. Wait, sax keys are different aren't they?

Ok, ok... Here's my story:

I played violin since I was 6. I play professionally today in a Symphony Orchestra. I also play some jazz violin and ethnic stuff like Gypsy, Celtic, Country Fiddlin' and Charanga style.

My acoustic axe is an old Italian violin, my electric one is a solid body black violin called Strados, made by ZETA. While being in school I dreamt of becoming a guitar player, quit after realizing how different the guitar and the violin were. Oh well...

Here's a link to my ZETA violin maker:

http://www.zetamusic.com/products/display.asp?id=37

I don't have any recordings yet but there is going to be a jazz CD coming out soon.

http://www.phoenixsymphony.org/artists/orchestra_members_lazarescu.html

1 day clarinet player too. i like it a lot.

i always liked the violin's sound mitca. thats really cool that your a pro. admirable that you get paid for doing what you love, if you like it. you seem to

MuffinJuice said:
admirable that you get paid for doing what you love, if you like it. you seem to

I do like it. Although there were times when I wished I was doing something else... Like a pro photographer for example. :)

MuffinJuice said:
why not do both?

I tried, god knows I tried... I almost quit playing professionally in favor of wedding photography, some 12 years ago. Went back to the violin, because that's the best 'I-know-how-to' thing in my life. I've been trained as a violinist and self-taught as a photographer, had much longer experience in music.

Now, don't get me wrong, music does not exclude photography, although only at an advanced amateur level. That way, I know exactly where the $$$ comes from. :)

Legend Bass, I know it's a cheap copy of the Fender Jazz Bass but the theory is that as soon as I become good on it I will get the real thing. Had this one for 3 years and still no sign of me getting the Fender.
Have a look at the following sites, they are my sons's who are far better than I will ever be!
www.beeninsane.net/firekillschildren
www.opal-band.com

Cheers for now.

Most reactions

Back