My 1st Shoot...need advice thx

henryalg01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi my name Henry, i bought my 1st camera about 1 week ago FinePix S2980 , i want to learn how to be good photographer thats why i joined this forum to get more advice from all senior here :). this is my 1st try pls give advice ty :

well you advice is needed ...thx before

Last edited by a moderator:
Step away from the editing program.
You have some basically decent images that you have torn up in editing.

Step away from the editing program.
You have some basically decent images that you have torn up in editing.
^^ This! The soft focus effect does nothing.

Plus, watch your horizons. The first one and two of the others are really tilted.

If you want constructive criticism please post your photos one to a line and number them.

i think so but let me show you the original :

Originals are INFINITELY better.
I am guessing you don't have a calibrated monitor?

ic...i have 3 monitors and gave me 3 different colors...confusing me

Delete the edits, keep the originals to practice proper editing on.

The first and last could do with some straightening. The composition of three isn't bad, but as in 2 and 4, the subject looks awkward (moreso 4, looks like she forgot if she put deodorant on or not).

I suggest studying up on proper exposure and posing (we can't always be fortunate to work with pro models!).

terlalu banyak editnya. Warnanya tidak natural.

That's because they aren't calibrated. You are not seeing anything close to reality-probably on any of the 3. The first thing you have got to do if you are going to work with photos is get a calibrator and software. Otherwise everything you do is pretty useless. What you have printed and show others will never be accurate.

Here's a basic fix of the first one and a contrasty, colorful edit... Just by fixing the tilt a bit I removed the distraction of the surfers and made the image more about your subject. My crop was a little short... didn't pay close attention.

Last edited:
iya ya...gw ngerasa gitu juga ...benarnya perlu di edit gak ?

Your editing is way to strong, you need to pull back but don't worry most of use are heavy handed with the editing when we first start out. Your subject is centered in every single image, look up the rules of thirds, learn it, use it and then learn when it works to break the rule.

i tried to fix :

how about now ?

The first one you fixed your subjects are almost black. They aren't a silhouette, but they definitely have no features in their heads or faces.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back