My 365 project

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I have a feeling I really might do it this time. There are multiple reasons why I am going to try and complete this 365, but I feel like if I do, I would like to post them here. I will post my four here, and then continue from there. Thus sorry for the 'double post' but I just want to stay consistent and have them all in one place instead of 365 individual threads.

**BTW all full size images are available for view on Flickr**

Day One:

4235514384_4cd564e76a.jpg

Day Two:

4239119756_c5ed575cea.jpg

Day Three:

4242107659_6a97e5c065.jpg

Day Four:

4246999252_53d06d235a.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this :thumbup:
I was going to start mine the 1st but I haven't figured out how to use my new camera well enough yet :lol:

looking forward to more pictures as well!!! i like all the picture my favorite is the 1st one!

365 days of bokeh!! haha

great stuff :thumbup:

these are great pictures! i agree the bokeh on these are fantastic. Such crisp shots and the color does them extremely well.

Day Five: (you really didn't think ALL would be bokeh? lol)

Ok, so I suck at self portraits, and strobing...so i'm practicing. This is me, doing science! Shot with 35mm f/1.8 and an sb-600 bare off camera to the right on a shelf, pointed towards ceiling and triggered via Nikon's CLS. C&C please on this one!

4250035000_d2206735d2.jpg

haha your stuff is amazing.

the self portrait is pretty good too. i wish i could take a self portrait like that D: everything's so sharp! everything's properly lit (unlike all my self portraits haha) :] keep going!

Yeah, I really did :lol:

I think it's a good self portrait. It's an interesting photo, I find myself interested in the actual act, doing whatever it was you were doing with the pipette (assuming thats what it is). You captured your right eye with detail, and I wonder if it would have been possible to get a little more head tilt to capture your left.
The photo has a warmer tone, which is more inviting then your typical cold, harsh, lab/medical office lighting.

One question, how did you focus this shot?

haha your stuff is amazing.

the self portrait is pretty good too. i wish i could take a self portrait like that D: everything's so sharp! everything's properly lit (unlike all my self portraits haha) :] keep going!

Yeah, I really did :lol:

I think it's a good self portrait. It's an interesting photo, I find myself interested in the actual act, doing whatever it was you were doing with the pipette (assuming thats what it is). You captured your right eye with detail, and I wonder if it would have been possible to get a little more head tilt to capture your left.
The photo has a warmer tone, which is more inviting then your typical cold, harsh, lab/medical office lighting.

One question, how did you focus this shot?

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot and helps a lot!

Well I used a technique I learned from following Dustin Diaz. He places a light stand where he'll eventually be, focus on it manually, and lock it. I didn't lock it, because i'm a noob and haven't looked it up in my manual yet. So I just manually focused on an object that was about eye level, then got in position and moved it out of the way. Shot it several times, trying to get hand and face in focus.

Day Six:

Have a bad migraine tonight, snowed all day so I got a second sb-600. Here is the:

Stroist info: SB-600 w/ homemade snoot camera left, about 3 feet from subject. SB-600 bare on tripod camera right behind David, probably 8 feet away, all triggered via Nikon's CLS.

4252355513_4c40e95a96.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back