My baby girl C&C please

Micah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to portraits, and need all the help I can get. I'm shooting with my D80, Sigma 17-70, SB-900 and SB-600 with umbrellas. Couldnt get a smile to save my life on the Christmas shot.

01of1-27.jpg

patriot1of1.jpg

I know there are some spots on the flag. I apparently uploaded the unedited file.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the second one, your daughter is absolutely adorable! I like the lighting, composition, and of course her cute little pose in the second.
The first is cute. It looks a tad too dark for my taste. I might have shot it horizontally instead of vertically as well, the empty space at the bottom and top doesn't do much for the photo.

Adorable pic. I don't think you need a smile for this one because it looks like she she is giving the camera a "who, what" kind of look. The image is a tad underexposed with a slight yellow cast to it. Here is an edit addressing those two issues and applying a vary little amount of sharpening. Noticed that the edit shows the path on your seamless backdrop.
0f1cpg

I definately like the edited version. I dont know why I always get em underexposed. I think i'm so afraid of blowing the shots out especially with all the white.

I definately like the edited version. I dont know why I always get em underexposed. I think i'm so afraid of blowing the shots out especially with all the white.

It depends on how you are metering the shot. If you rely on the camera meter, with all the white in your shot you have to compensate for the camera wanting an average of 18% grey. It would be liking shooting a snow scene... try an exposure compensation +1 an modify from there.

raise the exposure slider.. Make the white blown out.

Well, they didnt get completely torn apart, so i guess im on the right track. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Well, they didnt get completely torn apart, so i guess im on the right track. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Definitely on the right track. I love that first shot BTW. Just remember that even when people throw in their 2c, it's to help the image. Advice often comes across badly and most members don't intend it to be negative, but constructive criticism.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back