My big idea is coming to life today!

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been planning an outdoor "Dance Concept Shoot" for awhile now, and today is the day it will play out. I am typing out my game plan for anyone to follow, and also to gather my own thoughts pre-shoot.
It just so happens that today will be 60 degrees!!! It has been really crappy here in Illinois! Here is my idea board. ~Dance Concept Shoot~ I have hired my second shooter that I use for my weddings to help me out today. I have 2 dancers from Columbia College, and 1 dance studio owner that will be my subjects for this shoot. I have shot them many times during recitals, so this will be very helpful today to know their dance styles. Part one of the shoot will be very whimsical and soft. Part two will be very edgy, almost Flashdance like.
This is the best part......I want this whole shoot to be completely NATURAL. To acheive this, I am going to bring my XM radio docking station, and let them hook up their iPods and well.....DANCE! All three of them are extremely good at freestyle, and they know what I want for this shoot. These girls are super fun, and I think I am too, so I really am looking forward to the "just dance" nature of this shoot.
What I will be using:
I am a prime girl, so I would rather move myself then zoom, BUT I will probably use the 70-200mm 2.8 a little bit. The 2 lenses I will use the most will be my 135mm 2.0 and the 85mm 1.2. I will also be using 2 off camera flashes to get a little drama, a HUGE rectangular reflector, and my smaller reflector if needed.
If anyone has any additional ideas, feel free to add them. I will post some picture later!

1. for some reason I always thought your name was Kathy Orson

2. I am confused, but excited for you.

3. That was the first time I went on pinterest

4. I would say have people wear lots of flowing clothing.

5. Bring water for everyone.

1. for some reason I always thought your name was Kathy Orson

2. I am confused, but excited for you.

3. That was the first time I went on pinterest

4. I would say have people wear lots of flowing clothing.

5. Bring water for everyone.

Thank you runnah. The wardrobe was a super huge part of it too. I got to pick it all out at the studio. The girls from Columbia also brought some super cool pieces up from school. The Flashdance part will be more regular, fitted attire. Bare feet. These girls are game for anything. Why are you confused?

I didn't know what a dance concept shoot was.

I didn't know what a dance concept shoot was.

I didn't either until I made it up in my head. Once I make a Pinterest board it becomes a real thing. ;)

If your using OCF and they are moving quickly you could get blur because the flash will not freeze them unless they are very powerful

Looking forward to seeing the results! Enjoy!

sounds like it could be cool... looking forward to the shots!

Ooo this one should be fun! Cant wait to see everything.

Woohooo!! Can't wait to see what you come up w/!! Looks like fun!

To ensure the whole shoot will be completely NATURAL, what kind of camera will you be using? :lmao:

It should be fun. Are you in Chicago?

Most reactions

Back