My Brother's GTI VR6

Willl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother wanted to get some pictures of his new car with his newly painted roof box on it. I told him I'd take some shots. This was my first time shooting a car, so any tips and C&C are greatly appreciated. I'm not very experienced with editing and my monitor is crap, but I tried to just touch up a little with levels in photoshop for a few of these. Some are unedited.
Sorry for so many photos.
IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

After looking at this one again I wish I had taken it at a different angle.
IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

A good selection of "poses" and angles. The main issues are the bright, white skies and the excessive DoF. If you couldn't shoot on a day with a better sky, lower angles to reduce the amount of visible sky in the shot would have helped, as would have longer glass with a larger aperture to more fully isolate the image against the background. Your last image, the car is rather lost, and would benefit from some cropping. I would also suggest the use of a polarizing filter to reduce the reflections.

A good selection of "poses" and angles. The main issues are the bright, white skies and the excessive DoF. If you couldn't shoot on a day with a better sky, lower angles to reduce the amount of visible sky in the shot would have helped, as would have longer glass with a larger aperture to more fully isolate the image against the background. Your last image, the car is rather lost, and would benefit from some cropping. I would also suggest the use of a polarizing filter to reduce the reflections.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah the weather wasn't ideal. The last shot I wanted sort of a far away look but I see what you mean. I do have a polarizing filter.

Thanks for the tips about the DOF. I didn't want to keep it too shallow as to keep the whole car in focus for most of the shots. On the shots directly from the side it would have been better to have a more shallow depth of field though. Will definitely keep this in mind later.

I like the close up of the the VR6, but the bugs on the hood are distracting.

Most reactions

Back