My D7000 is back from service

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my D7000 back from service today.
I learned that sometimes camera needs aligment.
After 3 months suddently the pictures were not right, it wasnt sharp and crisp as it was.
I understand in many cases its the users fault but sometimes its the camera.

For those who share the same problems try every way you can to see if it is the operators fault and if no matter what you do your pics are still soft or just doesnt look right dont be ashamed to go to Nikon.
They found it needed aligment and while there cleaned the sensor and updated it and I got my baby back in perfect working order.

Excellent service by Nikon and now I can play with my new lens too.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ok cool was just curious if Nikon requires you to pay to ship it to them for these services.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Drove all the way to Missisauga both to drop off and pick up so no mail was used.

.... and I have just found out that Nikon UK main office and service center is two blocks away from my house ;)

.... and I have just found out that Nikon UK main office and service center is two blocks away from my house ;)

Hope you will never need their services but its good to know if you will then its a walking distance from home.

Good news in this thread
icon10.gif

Good to know that Nikon in Mississauga has great service. I live in Scarborough so this is a plus for me!

So what, exactly, was 'aligned'? Was the sensor out-of-kilter?

Good to know that Nikon in Mississauga has great service. I live in Scarborough so this is a plus for me!

Scarborough ha ?
Well I live in Thornhill and it is a bit of a schlep to get there for the both of us but it would have been worst if we lived in Ottawa LOL

You got me there, the tech simply said they aligned it or something like that. Not overly furmiliar at the exact term or what is the exact thing that was done, all I know is that I have my camera back in perfect working order.

the sensor had an alignment shift. it went from true neutral to chaotic evil.

LOL thanks for the good laugh :lol:

You can calibrate the lens to the body and the body will save the information. It's in the menu.

You can calibrate the lens to the body and the body will save the information. It's in the menu.

Yep, AF Fine Tune. I just did that last week and I have definitely noticed an improvement with a couple of my lenses. One of them was way out and now I can AF with it without worrying.

It sounds to me like this wouldn't have fixed his problem though and the sensor was improperly installed? Possibly not straight?

Most reactions

Back