My Daughter for Easter

flashgangster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a photo from last night. CC is welcomed. It's my daughter, so you have to say she's cute at the least.

$DSC_6274_no_wm.jpg

OK, she's cute

but I think she is also tilted, over-saturated and the WB looks way off.
What color is the wall behind her?

OK, she's cute

but I think she is also tilted, over-saturated and the WB looks way off.
What color is the wall behind her?

Thanks!

She is tilted. That's one of my pet-peeves and I actually didn't fix it! You're absolutely right.

The WB is off. When I adjusted it (I used a WhiBal card in the setup) it looked horrible! It's about 1400 to the cool side in this edit. The background is white seamless, lit by a SB600 directly behind her. I shoot on white seamless or black seemless almost always. I left the WB here because I thought the purpley pink thing going on added to the "charm" of it all. I know that kills the souls of many photographers. The saturation was left alone, I think the jacked-up white balance might be giving the oversaturated feel?

I may try an edit closer to what the WB should be and post it here.

Attachments

• $610a2c4489e811e2abd422000a9f4de4_7.jpg
    $610a2c4489e811e2abd422000a9f4de4_7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 87
I didn't mean to post the picture of the back of my camera? I thought I deleted it during the post. Oh well, it's a bonus!

The shot works for me. It's a cute baby portrait. My only suggestion would be to try and change the background color--cream/off white might be nice--also straighten and crop just a bit off the top.

The picture came out great besides the tilt and white balance as already stated. The WB on back of the camera looks fine. Seems you may have gone a bit to far with the cooling. Love the dress and the ears!

Well, this is doing exactly what it's supposed to... I can't wait to do a new edit. I think I'll fix the tilt and crop (you guys are totally right. I ***** about people who tilt every day of my life and now look at me.. doing it myself!). I think I'll put the WB where the gray card says it should be and do a mask to pull the WB for skin tones and leave the background how it is. I like the purpley stuff. Thanks everyone!

The WB is off. When I adjusted it (I used a WhiBal card in the setup) it looked horrible! It's about 1400 to the cool side in this edit. The background is white seamless, lit by a SB600 directly behind her. I shoot on white seamless or black seemless almost always. I left the WB here because I thought the purpley pink thing going on added to the "charm" of it all.
Maybe correct the WB on a separate layer, then mask so that you get proper skin tones while leaving the rest a cute purple hue?

Edit - I see now that you've already come to that conclusion! ;)

Here is the WB corrected version. Like I said, it was about 1.5k on the cool side. I actually think this one looks better now. Thanks for the feedback, folks!

$DSC_6274_no_wm2.jpg

Did you apply skin softening? Looks like it was applied up her eyes too if so. They look soft.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back