My daughter

Darksyde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
436845226_23e28d4fd0.jpg

Pretty girl but if you will can I give some critique?

The girl is too central in the frame.
The image also looks a little overexposed. There's no detail in the backlit hair although this is a tricky situation to expose correctly.

Also there's some lens flare (that big circle bottom right centre) that really takes the eye away from the subject.

Was this taken though glass?

It was taken with a cheap ebay telephoto lens. It works well for long shots except for the blurred edges, which I sorta like on some pictures. This particular shot was more of a "wow she looks cute hurry get a pic" Do you think a lens hood or maybe a filter would have helped out with the sun?

Do you think a lens hood or maybe a filter would have helped out with the sun?

not really, better light metering would have done it. it is simply a bit overexposed.

Messed with the exposure in PS CS2. It's a little dark but alot better
438159215_b14cad561c.jpg

This edit, sorry to say so, darksyde, is just too dark. It does not work at all, I'm afraid.

Yes, the original version is overexposed and sports that lens flare, but I do agree in that this was a moment that could not be missed, her smile is ever so engaging and I do love the highlighted hair. I like it so much, I don't mind in the least that those parts no longer have any detail.

Since I like this photo very much, and since you say OK to edit, I thought I'd love to give it a try:

darksyde_436845226_23e28d4fd0_myedi.jpg

In my ancient PS 6.0, I pushed up the non-existing shadow levels for the overall picture until the lever reached "the mountain". After that I threw a lasso feathered at 20px round your girl and again pushed the (once more non-existing) shadow levels until I reached "the mountain".

(If you don't have Photoshop, this might not mean much to you, I don't know what pp software you use and if that software can show you the histogramme of the original photo? It is the illustration of the histogramme that I am referring to).

For all it's technical "imperfections", I REALLY like this shot.

The light gives your daughter an angelic quality, and I am drawn to her face and eyes (which have great color), not to mention the wonderful expression you've captured.

LaFoto it looks great. I have the new Photoshop CS2, I just didnt spend too much time editing the pic. I really like what you have done though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back