My Favorites

tkaat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started taking photos since school ended for summer (June 6) and decided to share my personal favorites since then with you (which outta 700+ is 4 :meh:)
I appreciate all C&C the good and the bad
DSC_1791_080708.jpg

Peri.jpg

DSC_5395.jpg

DSC_5440.jpg

Some Info
#1 was taken from a cabin on a boat
#2 was meant to be overexposed so that I could see how much would be able to be recovered
#3 went outside to have a look at the sky and saw him on the wall and just couldn't help myself from snapping a few of him
#4 Taken using sparklers, a tripod, a Shutter Speed of 8sec and a Aperture of f.11

Last edited:
Thoughts per req:

1. At least 1 1/2 stops under-exposed and with a badly out of level horizon. Anytime you're doing sunset shots, it's a good idea to bracket them, and always, use graduated neutral density filters to reduce the dynamic range.

2. Just the opposite; 1 1/2 - 2 stops over-exposed. Ensure you know what you're metering, and in this case, you desparately needed fill-flash to prevent all the blown highlights around the child (Although it is an interesting effect) This was intentional on the part of the OP, however I'll the comment up as this sort of image does come up fairly often, and others may benefit from it.

3. Neat; perhaps a little more fill-light would have helped, and shooting so that you could capture some of his back as well as his side.

4. Cute, but cliche. Again, your image badly needs levelling. For this sort of image, consider your background. Using f11 (a good aperture for this sort of shot) you know you're going to have lots of DoF, therefore choose a background which is conducive to that. Perhaps a hedgerow or open field.

Some good effort, but more work is needed on the basics. Levelling, exposure, etc.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Last edited:
2. Just the opposite; 1 1/2 - 2 stops over-exposed. Ensure you know what you're metering, and in this case, you desparately needed fill-flash to prevent all the blown highlights around the child (Although it is an interesting effect)

OP says he meant for that to be overexposed. Don't know if you caught that or not.
I personally like the affect, it's pretty cool!

:D Sure thing! I almost missed it too and was going to ask if the OP "meant" to do that.

I like the second one best. I like the effect you got, makes it really interesting to me.
but I'm just a noob

Most reactions

Back