My Film camera collection...so far.

you lucky fools, i have a canon T2 rebel, got it a year before discontinuation, my only cam. butiloveit!!

Thanks for the replies, i will stop posting here pretty quick :p just a couple more questions.
I picked up a Canon FTb QL today with a 50mm lense
and mainly a Nikon N2000 (wasent to thrilled on the camera, more so the lense attached to it.
it had a Tamron aspherical AF 28-200mm lense on it, (weird AF lense on a non-AF camera), I will be using this as my main lense on my F65 if it is NOT a crop lense (looking at it i'm assuming no, maybe someone can verify)
question 2, nikon had some rings on the strap obviosly for the lense they screw onto it in the front, but they look pretty useless to me, anyone know what they are? pics underneath, thank you all again.
DSC_0003.jpg

these are the rings i was asking about
DSC_0004.jpg

the 2 rings say 072 .france. on them, and the other thing just looks like a holder for them, if anyone knows what they are and could let me know that would be great.

Last edited:
Thread moved. Not merged, though - to avoid confusion. ;)

Sure are a lot of beauties in this thread! :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies, i will stop posting here pretty quick :p just a couple more questions.
I picked up a Canon FTb QL today with a 50mm lense
and mainly a Nikon N2000 (wasent to thrilled on the camera, more so the lense attached to it.
it had a Tamron aspherical AF 28-200mm lense on it, (weird AF lense on a non-AF camera), I will be using this as my main lense on my F65 if it is NOT a crop lense (looking at it i'm assuming no, maybe someone can verify)
question 2, nikon had some rings on the strap obviosly for the lense they screw onto it in the front, but they look pretty useless to me, anyone know what they are? pics underneath, thank you all again.
DSC_0003.jpg

Keep an eye out for a FD 50mm 1.4 for that FTb QL, Your 1.8 looks kinda beat up and the 1.4 can be found rather easily. If you are going to look into building a kit around that body look at the Canon FD 85mm 1.8, a Canon FD 135mm 3.5 and the Canon FD 100-200mm 5.6 zoom. An awesome starter arangement that should not kill the wallet.

these are the rings i was asking about
DSC_0004.jpg

the 2 rings say 072 .france. on them, and the other thing just looks like a holder for them, if anyone knows what they are and could let me know that would be great.

Yeah those are for using the square filters, As for how to use them I really can't tell you, I turned down the last set I looked at because I I prefer the ease of the circular filters personally.

Last edited:
the other thing just looks like a holder for them, if anyone knows what they are and could let me know that would be great.

It looks like a Cokin filter holder. I remember just how popular those filters were in the film days.... I used the B&W set to manipulate contrasts on B&W negative.

Some new toys this weekend :)
finaly got myself an older nikon, yay!
its a Nikkormat FT, i got with it a nikon 50mm f1.4, a Nikkor 28mm f3.5, a Vivitar 2X-3 auto teliconverter (was really hoping this would work on my D90, but it does not click on all the way, lookin forward to trying this with my vivitar 400mm teliphoto) a hot shoe adapter, a nikon speedlight SB-23, and the tetherd remote, its short but will be handy, the 2 boxes are some new lenses I got for my D90, not related, but will spec since there in the photo, Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC, and Tamron AF75-300mm F/4-5.6 LD
let me know what you guys think, i'm excited to try out this nikkormat FT

I picked up some iso800 film, and was wondering waht film would be best to use, i've had alright results with 200, but been using 400 mainly, is the i'm a bit worried about trying the iso800 as i've never used it before.
newmarch2209.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new one today, its a Canon AE-1 program, with a 50mm 1:1.8 lense, These things have got to stop giving me the "buy me!" look. i'm suposed to be saving money haha.
DSC_0001-1.jpg

I like it, wish i had some more FD mount lenses though.

The FD lenses are truly underrated!

I have a whole bunch of FD mount lenses, I might be willing to part with. I'll let you know.

Yes they are. Canon's FD series is my primary, secondary and tertiary systems. Exelent series of glass whos time was cut short by Canons mount change.

I have a whole bunch of FD mount lenses, I might be willing to part with. I'll let you know.
If fred is not interested I usually am..... :lol: I shouldn't but my list of affordable must haves is gotten quite short and I might be able to be talked into filling a void or two.

the only thing I use is the FD system. I also have a few lenses/accessories for sale as well. I'm looking for a 20-35 L as well if anyone knows where to get one.

It looks like a Cokin filter holder. I remember just how popular those filters were in the film days.... I used the B&W set to manipulate contrasts on B&W negative.

What's with the "back in the film days" we haven't left them yet :D

My Cokin filters still get used regularly on my 120, 5x4 & 10x8 cameras.

Ian

To pay for shipping for any lense from the states for me, is really not worth it, i'm only looking for 1 "walk around lense" in FD, i can get a 80-200mm for $20 localy so i might do that, as much as i'd usualy want a wider angle. thanks for the offer. and thank for the coments aswell.

as for the coment said about film is dead, I rarely find myself using my D90, the film is much more interesting to me.

To pay for shipping for any lense from the states for me, is really not worth it, i'm only looking for 1 "walk around lense" in FD, i can get a 80-200mm for $20 localy so i might do that, as much as i'd usualy want a wider angle. thanks for the offer. and thank for the coments aswell.

That 80-200, what is it's make? I have found that the common third party 80-200 F/4.5 Macro zooms do not hold a candle to the Canon FD 100-200mm 5.6 zoom. But if you spot an FD 100-200 locally, suck it up, it should not cost you a fortune.

At some point (if) I can get my Gemini 80-200 back from my GF I'll do some comparison shots.

Actually I could dig a few up but but they won't be all that good for comparison as I can do a lot better now, but better than nothin, if you want.

as for the coment said about film is dead, I rarely find myself using my D90, the film is much more interesting to me.

But...But....http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/102329-film-dead.html

some comparision shots would be awesome if you could. i'm not sure what the make of the lense was, i MIGHT go look at it toamrow, but i dont really need it haha, we'll see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back