My First Blurry Water Shot, C&C Please!

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2836668198_a63722af69_o.jpg

Shot with a 1" exposure at f/36 with a ND2 filter. C&C greatly appreciated!

where does everyone get the borders for there photos.I us photo shop elements 6.0 and I do not believe it has border options.

I don't know about photoshop, I use Gimp, and it just has an "Add Border" command. Almost too easy. :p

I think that is a decent veiling shot for a fall... Is this the upper falls at High Shoals? I think that is the best place to get shots there. The only thing that I might do different, is crop some at the top and maybe on the right side just a hair. The hot spot on the rock at the top pulls my eye away from the veiling. I also would have probably used a polarizer instead of ND filter... Just MHO.

I like the result - though I would say such shots work better when you can get the shot so as things like leaves are not in the shot - since they move during the long exposure they give the impression that the shot is soft and not sharp. Good first try :)

where does everyone get the borders for there photos.I us photo shop elements 6.0 and I do not believe it has border options.

Just go to edit and chance image size - then alter the canvus dimensions to be larger - that will give you an empty space surrounding a photo - just like a boarder, you can edit the canvus like the photo so you can set your own background colour and add text

Mask > reduce > invert > fill. Easy as pie and even easier when you make a macro of it.

I have elements 6 and it does have borders. Use the crop tool, and select the whole picture. Then, drag the crop outside the picture and you have a border.

Nicely done. The advice to use a CPOL was good, and I'd concur with that, however I would suggest using it in addition to an ND rather than instead of. If you look, you're verging on blown highlights in a couple of spots, I would say you probably wanted about a 1.5 second exposure there and then adjust the shadows. Remember that shooting in this sort of area (deeps shade with bright highlights( is difficult, and is not going to produce ideal results.

I have checked the link, it's very useful. You see, I am not a professional photographer, but I love taking pictures especially taking photos of the sunset. I really wanted to achieve the blurry effect in some of my photos and soon will learn how to apply some drama in the photos I have. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back