My first HDR shot. C&C

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score

MidnightSpecial by The Photo Major, on Flickr

So I've been exploring other avenues of photography, and this is my first attempt @ HDR. This stuff is not easy.

Used my Sigma 24mm 1.8 EX DG lens.

Yeah, you still need some more practice but the first one is never that great. Still looks a bit dark. Next time something with less parked cars.

Yeah, you still need some more practice but the first one is never that great. Still looks a bit dark. Next time something with less parked cars.

Yep, practice goes with out saying. I didn't even know what did what slider wise. I just messed around with it until it looked decent.

Yep, practice goes with out saying. I didn't even know what did what slider wise. I just messed around with it until it looked decent.

were you just using photoshop?

HDR is not my forte' but I'd think it'd work better on a scene with a high dynamic range...something a night scene lacks?

HDR is not my forte' but I'd think it'd work better on a scene with a high dynamic range...something a night scene lacks?

I don't know much about it lol.

A scene that has bright highlights and deep shadows...HDR can be used to stitch together shots so that the highlights are not blown and the shadows are exposed.

Considering what this shot would have probably looked like without exposure blending, I think you did a good job with the processing. I don't care for the composition, but that's another story. :)

Considering what this shot would have probably looked like without exposure blending, I think you did a good job with the processing. I don't care for the composition, but that's another story. :)

I wanna hear that side of the story! :)

I wanna hear that side of the story! :)

It lacks it.
The cars are distracting, since they're not the subject... the white one is chopped, etc.

It's a 24 hour diner, the cars are a part of the scene.

And if they aren't a part of the subject, why would one being chopped off effect the image?

Compositionally it would have been better if there was less empty blackness up top and the parking lot was included. In that manner the theme is clear, it's an all night diner! With the cars clipped they are not part of and they are a detracting element, compositionally speaking. ;)

Compositionally it would have been better if there was less empty blackness up top and the parking lot was included. In that manner the theme is clear, it's an all night diner! With the cars clipped they are not part of and they are a detracting element, compositionally speaking. ;)

So less negative space then?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back