My first Milky Way

Awesome, dude! Nice job of having a natural foreground element in the frame. Keep at it!

Great shot, I've always wanted to get one. Were you using any tracking device or was 25s at 18mm enough not to introduce any star trailing?

Awesome, dude! Nice job of having a natural foreground element in the frame. Keep at it!
thanks
Great shot, I've always wanted to get one. Were you using any tracking device or was 25s at 18mm enough not to introduce any star trailing?
i'm not using any tracking device. just try and error ..lol

very nice image and I too like that you got a little foreground to give perspective.

Nicely done, I also really like the foreground element. What camera body did you use to allow 1600 ISO? Is there much noise in the original?

Do you have hot pixels in the image? (red spots) my understanding is they can be removed if you shoot in RAW and adobe raw converter automatically removes them for you, works for me.

i'm using Sony A580 which have a very good noise control. not sure if the hot spot at my Raw image, but when i view it at lightroom i can see a few if i zoom in.

Great shot, I cant wait to photograph the milky way even though it doesnt get dark in Alaska lol

This is absolutly amazing...and the others said about the tree being in the frame makes it that much better...

Very impressive. As has been mentioned before, it would look nothing without the tree framing it. I tried taking a similar shot on the ghoof, with my HTC Desire HD handset... predictably the results were unpublishable!

However I've now got my Lumix G3 (
) and was planning to take time to take some night sky shots tonight... But of course I'd forgotten about two major impediments, living in LondoN:

1. The weather. It's overcast and rain predicted for the next few days, and
2. Light pollution. With so many street lamps and other luminal distractions, it ain't gonna work unless can get out in the country.

Well, I've just scrapped my old car and am looking to buy a newer one, which will give me the ability to get out where it's dark...

By the way, how many attempts did it take you before you clinched that photo.. or were you lucky enough to get it on first take?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back