My first photo post!

saez0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

Went to take a few night shots of Australia's iconic harbor bridge and the cityscape.

Criticism is very welcome, i'd like to learn how to improve these photos, what i could've done better etc.

Thanks!

I thought the city lights came out quite well on this one,

Brave New World, by saez0r, on Flickr

Can someone please advise on how to make the sky look nicer, maybe stronger contrast?

Australia's iconic structures by saez0r, on Flickr

I was trying to focus on composition for this shot

Composition by saez0r, on Flickr

My depiction of a journey..

Don't sway from the path! by saez0r, on Flickr

Thanks for looking guys!
EDIT: sorry guys, trying to figure out how to post photos -_-'

Last edited:
Solid shots, I think #3 is the most interesting. As far as the sky... there are two ways to go about it. The first is to get a ND gradient filter and 'shade' the city portion of the image while the clear area of the filter is over the sky. That will bring up the exposure of the clouds in the sky. Or you can take two images, one exposed for the city, one exposed for the sky, and either merge them in HDR or manually merge them in PS with layers.

#1 and #3 for sure. I'd take a look at cropping out the street light in #3. Definitely a spectacular view to capture. :thumbup:

sweet images.... very nice!

Nice shots, though I think for #1 you could've tilted your camera upwards so that there's less of the pathway/wall and also so that the horizon isn't straight in the center of the photo. Nonetheless, great photos. What did you use to shoot these?

thanks guys! appreciate the feedback.

I shot these with the nikon d7000 coupled with the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM OS[h=3][/h]

Actually I think the exposure on 1 and 2 were great. you can actually see stars!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back