What's new

The first photo that I am truly happy with

Boutch

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 17, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
12
Location
Tasmania, AUS
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I picked up photography about a month back and I've finally taken a shot that I am happy with. The main reason I like it is the timing and how candid the shot is. I feel like it tells a story.

The problem I am having now is being able to remove myself from the image and look at it with a critical eye for post production, or even to learn from it for the future. So any feedback is appreciated, as I say, I am only just starting out, so I am looking at this as a learning tool.

Happy pupper by Daniel Boutcher, on Flickr
 
^^that’s exactly what I was going to say.

Good exposure and I like that the dog is looking at you.
 
Yeah, I had to pull it in, as there was a great dirty pole on the right. It has taught me to be more aware of the surroundings though.

After work tomorrow I will go back and have a play, see if I can keep it a bit wider somehow.
 
I'm fine with the amount of space on the left and right - maybe a little bit more. I'm more interested in seeing space on the top and a tad bit more on the bottom. I feel like their heads are going smack on the top of the frame ;)

This is a really sweet moment - nice catch :)
 
Excellent subject. It does tell a story. Focus and DoF look to my eyes to be spot on! Wonderful colours. I do agree with limr's comments wrt framing, however.
 
I'm fine with the amount of space on the left and right - maybe a little bit more. I'm more interested in seeing space on the top and a tad bit more on the bottom. I feel like their heads are going smack on the top of the frame ;)
Limr has a good point It looks like the man is croutching a bit to avoid that happening. But it really is a nice moment. :02.47-tranquillity:
 
Hmm, I reckon I could get some more space above. I cropped evenly, so that it stayed in print proportions, so there’s room up there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom