My first Photoshop

Fadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, i had a photo posted a few weeks ago, and even by my own critique, it was 'ruined' by a phone pole and wires. So i decided to try PS and this is the result. it's my first actual PS work, besides re-sizing, so go easy on me. My question is about the trees on the right. They look real blurry where I cloned them. how can I make it better? it's one trick i would like to master because I have a lot of landscapes I want to touch up by getting rid of power lines...

Original:
21016872-L.jpg

First try:
21940200-L.jpg

Hey good job!!! Looks great and I seriously can't beleive that's your first go. Cloning is hard!

To keep the trees looking nice, I wouldn't have cloned the tree out (so it's bigger) into the sky like you have. I would've just got rid of the powerline by using more sky (and a smaller brush size to get into the trickier bits.) To stop that fuzzy look, I'd suggest making sure you use a bit of the tree that's on the same angle as where you want to replace. (make sense?) Also, you can try reselecting the area you want to copy from so you don't get that repetitive pattern.

Hope that helps you a bit. But really, there's not much wrong with it.
(you must be so proud of your new little baby here! hehe)

Thanks! :)
yeah that's my first photoshop besides cropping, and resizing. PS is a pretty cool tool, and i can't wait to learn more about it.

Oh, the Buick isn't mine, BTW. it was abandoned on a back road, near an abandoned shop in the mountains of Tennesse.

Meysha said:
(you must be so proud of your new little baby here! hehe)

I was actually talking about the photo itself, and not the car. hehe.

i think it looks blurry because you've cloned over bits that didnt have to be cloned, if you know what i mean

just clone over the wire/cables themselves with a smaller brush size. Clone over the wires with what would actually be there. Where there is sky behind the wire, clone over it with sky! This would look more natural.

hope this helps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back