My first post...

kcphotog4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just introduced myself over in the "Introductions" section...Here is my first post. These are my pride and joy.

My oldest Daughter Alyanna (11)

$p1854228910-3.jpg

My son Jake (3)

$p1705817325-3.jpg

Any last but certainly not least, my youngest daughter Alyvia (2)

$p1778557235-3.jpg

Thanks for looking and please provide any C&C, these are basically just snapshots because typically none of them will sit long enough for any type of planned shoot..

Jeff

Thanks for looking and please provide any C&C, these are basically just snapshots because typically none of them will sit long enough for any type of planned shoot..

Jeff

I know this feeling all too much. I have an answer...BRIBES!:mrgreen:

Jeff

Yeah I've worn out bribes with my oldest long ago...Sometimes it still works, but bribes for her are getting EXPENSIVE!!!

Jeff

Yeah I've worn out bribes with my oldest long ago...Sometimes it still works, but bribes for her are getting EXPENSIVE!!!
Try negative bribes... Pose for Daddy or no text-messaging for a month!

You've got some good-looking models, there!

My negative comments are mostly the framing.

#1 quite tightly framed
#2 also too tight, and with horizontal format, you probably should have gotten a little more light in his arm.
#3 horizontal works o.k. here, but top of frame clipped her hair

Those faces made me smile. I agree, I'd think about the framing, and you could try photos that aren't posed, maybe while they're playing (especially the younger ones).

I've found photography can involve waiting and timing - I might spend time looking thru my viewfinder and waiting til I see a moment that might give me a good photo.

You've got some good-looking models, there!

My negative comments are mostly the framing.

#1 quite tightly framed
#2 also too tight, and with horizontal format, you probably should have gotten a little more light in his arm.
#3 horizontal works o.k. here, but top of frame clipped her hair

Thank you very much for the suggestions...

If these shots were for anyone except myself, I wouldn't have cropped so tight...But I tend to lean towards a tighter crop.

Thanks again for taking a look.

Those faces made me smile. I agree, I'd think about the framing, and you could try photos that aren't posed, maybe while they're playing (especially the younger ones).

I've found photography can involve waiting and timing - I might spend time looking thru my viewfinder and waiting til I see a moment that might give me a good photo.

Thanks or checking these out...I wouldn't necessarily calls these posed shots, in almost every case they were playing or doing something else and I just said something or did something to get them to look up at me. In the littlest ones case, my wife was standing behind me and had a funny hat on her head and as soon as baby looked up she laughed.

For my oldest daughter, she was sitting across from me in a chair reading and I said something funny, she looked up and I had a set of bunny ears on my head, and made her smile (not sure why, I always wear bunny ears around the house...Lol)..

Anyway, I really do appreciate the comments and what you describe is typically what I always do...When we're outside playing, I always have my camera in hand or close. Most of the time I never get a shot, but I'm always watching...

Most reactions

Back