My first Rough-legged Hawk

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw my first Rough-legged Hawk. He just didn't want to fly my way. Just another raptor to try to track down for a closer shot.

$TMS_5963-4.JPG

crop
$TMS_5963.JPG

Nice catch I saw one once down here and it was further away than yours :( Ever see Mississippi Kites up that way? Another raptor I have only seen 1 of ...

nice, we never get kites here, but we have tons of rough legs in the winter.

Nice! They are around here as well this time of year but I haven't seen one this year yet. I saw a few last year but they were not cooperative either.

Nice catch I saw one once down here and it was further away than yours :( Ever see Mississippi Kites up that way? Another raptor I have only seen 1 of ...

I guess one plus for living in the south raptor wise.

I hope they return this late summer into fall like i saw them around here last year

Beautiful bird Mike. Hopefully the rain holds off this weekend :thumbup:

Great -- you caught the top of his wing in all its glory! Lee

Thanks. No I've never seen a kite

nice, we never get kites here, but we have tons of rough legs in the winter.

Nice! They are around here as well this time of year but I haven't seen one this year yet. I saw a few last year but they were not cooperative either.

Thanks

I guess one plus for living in the south raptor wise.

I hope they return this late summer into fall like i saw them around here last year

Thanks

Beautiful bird Mike. Hopefully the rain holds off this weekend :thumbup:

Thanks Bill ya hope its a nice day tommorow

Great -- you caught the top of his wing in all its glory! Lee

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back