My First Session--a Newborn Session!

DbyH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had my first model this weekend and was so excited! I would really appreciate some constructive criticism on these photos. She was just 13-days young and such a diva! I worked really hard to get these few poses out of her!

I'm truly just a beginner, but I want to capture some beautiful memories of new life. These are unedited images and please, your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. If you think I'm terrible, please refrain, as I'm here to learn and grow from your constructive feedback and not pick up negative energy! And, I know these images are pretty typical of your "newborn sessions", but until I get enough models and practice, I won't be able to develop my own unique style. Thank you so much!
(Also, I'm not sure if I added the link to the pics properly, so if any problems, please click here BabyK_TPF_Feedback - a set on Flickr to see the images and provide me with your CC).

You need to watch your background, in the first picture there is a piece of something else. Also you need to do some skin smoothing and lower the contrast a bit. The feet picture is cute but you need to get a different perspective on the other ones, they are all shot at the same angle, front on. Try opening up your aperture and shooting from the top of the head or something to add a bit of variety. I've found that newborns are the hardest to shoot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back