My first shot at modeling portfolio pics.........

I'm just slappin the disagree button like a monkey with tourette's, truth be know.
I could start slapping the 'Ban' button the same way. Use the disagree button all you want when you legitimately disagree with something, but whether it's 'Like', 'Disagree' or whichever rating, misuse can and will have unintended consequences for the misuser.

Well, the intent was just to tease lightly, since B & B have been goin' at it over the disagree button. I apologize.

Thanks for the feedback. The Olan Mills comment hurts, man. That's maybe even worse than Portrait Innovations. You guys are right about the red. I already conceded on that one. If the backdrop that I was using would have been larger, I would absolutely have moved her father away, and it wouldn't have been as harsh. Thanks again for taking a look. I pushed the limits on this one, but how do you grow as an artist without trying something new? On a positive note, she has pictures that no one else will have. Yeah... That sounds good. We'll go with that! Peace!

Wasnt trying to be mean (just funny), was just my first thought when I saw the pics. and I honestly think these could be "saved" with different processing--I quite do enjoy the first two.

#2 for example: the BG brightness could be reduced putting more emphasis on the girl. I'd then bring out her hair and remove the vignette and I think it would be much improved.

here's where red on red worked: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35000000/RED-taylor-swift-35098344-1600-900.jpg

Too much red. Vary the background colors. Composition looked nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braineack. I was smiling ear to ear my friend. No offense taken.

REMEMBER! The portfolio is for the MODEL...not your artistic abilities.

Love them, but makes me think Russian bride service, sorry a little twisted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These seem to be a great start, and you have gotten some wonderful C&C!
You should ask to do another shoot, after all the only place to go is up!!! :)

STANCE DSC_0100-desat_curves.jpg

SQUAT DSC_0142-destaurated reds.jpg

OVER THE SHOULDER DSC_0301-desat 14-curves.jpg

HAT TIP 3 DSC_0048_reds Minus 14.jpg

I took just a few minutes and desaturated the Red channel around 10 to 14 points, and did minor curves adjustments, to lighten up the darker areas, like in her hair. Here is how these look, working from your small, web-sized JPEG files. From camera raw files, the edits would have been much better and easier, but this is kind of an idea of what I meant in my first post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back