My friends photo

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by xDarek, Feb 2, 2016.

1. xDarek

xDarek No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is one of my friends photo.He asked me if I can out his photo because he want to know what he did wrong.He is not speacking English so he can't put it.I told him that the picture is dark and unfocused and there is a lot of noise.The image is not good at all but he wants to see what do you think :D.He did it with a phone.What do you think??

Attached Files:

2. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    He is trying to get two distinctly different subjects, so neither one stands out. The fountain is done fairly well, a little crooked, but cropped too tight on the top. The flower needs more light on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. xDarek

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you!

4. Photosensitive

Photosensitive No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    What he has in mind is a nice idea; he needs focus on the flower and the fountain will seen diffused and will surely come out best i think; as of now the water art is focused well and the rose appears as just an unwanted intrusion....

Regards :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. xDarek

Photos NOT OK to edit

Sent from my SM-G386F using Tapatalk

6. rlemert

rlemert No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the concept and don't have any problem with the darkness, but I think your friend has set himself a difficult challenge, although someone with more experience might suggest this isn't as much of an issue as I think.

Right now, the subject - and the focus - appears to be on the fountain. The DOF resulting from the camera settings, though, causes both the background (good) and the rose (bad) to be out of focus. However, since the rose is almost as significant an element as the fountain, being out of focus makes it an interference rather than an asset to the picture.

If your friend was able to bring both the rose and the fountain into focus, this would lend roughly equal importance to both elements. I would crop out the bud on the right, though, as it doesn't really do much, and I'd also probably add some light to the rose to make it stand out more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave442

Dave442 Been spending a lot of time on here!

The shot is probably best done in vertical orientation to eliminate the distractions from the sides. I usually borrow another cell phone and use the flashlight on that cell phone to brighten up a foreground object in shots like this. The cell phone flash is usually too much light.

• Agree Agree x 1