What's new

My Head is Spinning.. Somebody Help Me Pick the Right Package?

the urban photo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
West Coast
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm buying a Canon 7D and I've been looking everywhere for the best deal. I found a website that sells 7D packages with lenses and other accessories for pretty great prices. But after sorting through so many websites, my head is spinning. There are quite a few 7D packages on this site but they all include different lenses and I'm not sure which kit would be best. I want to keep it under $2000 so there are about 15 packages in my price range. What would be the best camera/lens package for me if I shoot mostly weddings, portraits, some outdoors and some studio work? It may be something to keep in mind that I'm saving up for the 70-200mm f/2.8L MII separately so I'm hoping to get a different sort of lens in the package. What camera/lens kit looks like the best?

Sorry, I hope that all makes sense. Here is the link to the website I'm looking at buying the package from (the packages are not in order of price):

BestPricePhoto.com

Could somebody give me their opinion?

 
I'm leary about places like this, what part of the west coast are you at ? If the tax thing is the issue Conoga Camera is always running ads that waive the state tax.
Make sure you know the return policy and that the items sold are not gray market and have a U.S. warranty.
-
Shoot well, Joe
 
B&H has better pricing right now then your site...take a quick look.
 
Camera body 1,599. free shipping and I have never paid tax.
 
Camera body 1,599. free shipping and I have never paid tax.

And you're buying from one of the most reputable names in the biz. Seriously, B&H or Adorama are the only two places a lot of people here will buy from on line. Amazon can be OK in some situations, but you don't get to talk to knowledgeable staff who are themselves photographers if you have questions or issues. In addition, Adorama has a customer liason on this board who has helped several members resolve issues to their satisfaction. I doubt Best Price Photo can offer any of that. Never under estimate the value of excellent customer service.
 
I'm leary about places like this, what part of the west coast are you at ? If the tax thing is the issue Conoga Camera is always running ads that waive the state tax.
Make sure you know the return policy and that the items sold are not gray market and have a U.S. warranty.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I'm from Oregon so tax isn't really an issue.
 
Camera body 1,599. free shipping and I have never paid tax.

And you're buying from one of the most reputable names in the biz. Seriously, B&H or Adorama are the only two places a lot of people here will buy from on line. Amazon can be OK in some situations, but you don't get to talk to knowledgeable staff who are themselves photographers if you have questions or issues. In addition, Adorama has a customer liason on this board who has helped several members resolve issues to their satisfaction. I doubt Best Price Photo can offer any of that. Never under estimate the value of excellent customer service.

You're right. I looked around and they seem to have average reviews but the negative ones make me want to err on the safe side. I will look elsewhere.
Probably too good to be true.
 
You can go used on eBay for just under $1300 and have plenty of money to put into a nice lens like the 17-40 L.
 
There's more to buying $2000 worth of gear than getting it at the lowest price. If you can't don't want to buy it from a real bricks and mortar store in town, than a big name such as Adorama, is, IMO, the way to go. Even Canon and Nikon ship the occasional DOA piece of gear, and it's not unheard of for things to fail during the warranty. I had a 24-70 f2.8 (A $1700 lens) go down on me. I was able to take it back to the store where I bought it, and they handled the entire warranty process for me. All I had to do was drop off the lens; they even filled in the paperwork based on my on-file information. Good luck getting that sort of service from Best Price Photo.com :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom