My mom's cameras

Mecal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My mom passed a way about 7 months ago, and I remembered that she had some film cameras that she had since I could remember (I'm only 21).

Anyway, I have never shot film aside from some cheap'o cameras, and would like to know a little bit more about these.

The first one is a Pentax K1000 with a flash.

Pentax.jpg

The second is a Canon T50 with everything, manual (thought you might like to see that :D), flash, 52mm lens.
(manual says 1982).

canont50.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss.

Get some film and go shooting. Since they were hers, you can still take her along. If you Imagine asking her what she would like to have shot, I'll bet you could hear her voice and even some advice.

As for the K1000.. Thats a Great Beginners camera. Thats was also my first 35mm camera. I would defiantly put some film in it and use it. Being totally manual gives you the oppurtunity to be very creative with your shots.

I am sure you will feel great taking pictures with your mom's camera..

First of all I am sorry for your loss.

The K1000 is a great beginner camera. that is all we had in photo school when I was there a long long time ago. You can find all kinds of used lenses and such for both the Canon and the Pentax. I have a Canon AE1, and will never get rid of it!

I agree to get some film, and go have a ball!

Thanks for the replies folks.
I would have replied sooner but I had finals and packing to do!

Anyway what kind of film should I get for this?

I figured the K1000 was a good beginner camera: it looks a lot more simpler than the other one!

Thanks for the replies folks.
I would have replied sooner but I had finals and packing to do!

Anyway what kind of film should I get for this?

I figured the K1000 was a good beginner camera: it looks a lot more simpler than the other one!

Different people like different films. I'd personally recommend Ilford FP4+ or HP5+, or Agfapan APX-400 (available at B&H, the Ilford stuff is a little easier to find locally though) - but you'd do well to just buy a roll of each of the films you see online. At $3-$6 a roll or so, it isn't that expensive until you start buying in bulk.

And here's the link to your T50.

Canon t50 instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

Just get some film and start shooting and think of her as you do. If you want to play with black and white and don't want to mess with processing or wait the week plus for prints then get some Kodak BW400CN. Some say it's kind of contrasty but I love using this film.

Most reactions

Back