My myspace photos. Please comment

Use the lowest ISO available on your camera. You'll most likely need either a tripod or a lot of light.

If you don't have a tripod, try setting it down on a counter/bookshelf or something - or go outside.

Better, but the hat is still shadowing your face giving you racoon eyes and the focus is not sharp.

I suspect the lack of sharpness is from camera shake because you're still hand holding the camera way out in space. Even a cheap $30 tripod from Wal-Mart would work well here.

Stand tall and lean forward just slightly from the waist and put your weight on your back foot. It feels awkward, but it looks natural. I tell people the same thing, 5 or 6 times a day.

Your smile isn't working because it doesn't show in your eyes. Do you know how to make your eyes smile? Think about how your eyes feel when you really have a good laugh. That's how you want them when you smile for the camera.

Better, but the hat is still shadowing your face giving you racoon eyes and the focus is not sharp.

I suspect the lack of sharpness is from camera shake because you're still hand holding the camera way out in space. Even a cheap $30 tripod from Wal-Mart would work well here.

Stand tall and lean forward just slightly from the waist and put your weight on your back foot. It feels awkward, but it looks natural. I tell people the same thing, 5 or 6 times a day.

Your smile isn't working because it doesn't show in your eyes. Do you know how to make your eyes smile? Think about how your eyes feel when you really have a good laugh. That's how you want them when you smile for the camera.

Wow thank you kmh i wish i had read this before i went and took these photos i just took. I will take new photos tomorrow and apply this advice you have gave to me for free. I realy appreciate it. Thank you all who has commented me on my photos. I love photography and i want to improve.

I took these photos a while ago and I just wanted to post them to see if any of them has improved. Please let me know. Thanks again.

Picture #1

DSCF0006.jpg

Picture #2
DSCF0009.jpg

Picture#3
DSCF0016.jpg

I don't do facebook, but from all that I understand, what you've posted is "awesome dude". Pic #2 from your last series is actually quite good.

The trick with doing SP' is to pre-focus and then turn autofocus OFF. Apart from the one I mentioned, all are OOF and WB is off. I almost wish I was young again, but I'd probably screw it up again anyway. :lmao:

I don't do facebook, but from all that I understand, what you've posted is "awesome dude". Pic #2 from your last series is actually quite good.

The trick with doing SP' is to pre-focus and then turn autofocus OFF. Apart from the one I mentioned, all are OOF and WB is off. I almost wish I was young again, but I'd probably screw it up again anyway. :lmao:

Well thanks for the complement Imma have to try that also. Thanks again for the tips.

Check your white balance settings. Take photos with different setting to see how they turn out. That's why I only shoot with RAW but you would need a RAW editor for that. Some cameras usually come with them.

Good start man. Check this out. ShortCourses-The On-line Library of Digital Photography I started with the fujifilm s700 which is the model before the one your holding in your hand. Awesome point and shoot that has all the modes a dslr has. Learn everything with that little guy then upgrade. Keep it going man. :thumbup:

Good start man. Check this out. ShortCourses-The On-line Library of Digital Photography I started with the fujifilm s700 which is the model before the one your holding in your hand. Awesome point and shoot that has all the modes a dslr has. Learn everything with that little guy then upgrade. Keep it going man. :thumbup:

I love this little guy. I do plan on upgrading soon. Maybe in a few years. Im on my way to class i'll check out your website after i get back home. Thanks for the complement.

To reduce the noise, you could use noiseware...but honestly, I don't think that will help a whole lot.

I don't think you're doing yourself justice. I think you could get some more flattering photos if perhaps you could take some outside? I don't want this to sound harsh...but I think you're a nice looking guy, but these photos scream "loser in mom's basement" Sorry...I really DOUBT that is true, nor is it the message you want to portray.

is it just me or are they all very soft?

To reduce the noise, you could use noiseware...but honestly, I don't think that will help a whole lot.

I don't think you're doing yourself justice. I think you could get some more flattering photos if perhaps you could take some outside? I don't want this to sound harsh...but I think you're a nice looking guy, but these photos scream "loser in mom's basement" Sorry...I really DOUBT that is true, nor is it the message you want to portray.

ehhh ouch harsh arnt we... well thanks for honesty. Yea i do live with parents but im going to school to study to be a cma and i have no time for anything i hardly get time for photography. But when i do have time its mostly on photography. I havent dated in 2 years. I just wanted to be single for a while.

I'm really sorry about that...I did NOT mean to imply that that's what I thought of YOU...just that is the look of these pics. =(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back