My name is ron121 and I'm an alcoh. uhhh, photographer.

ron121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I live outside Birmingham Alabama. If someone has a beef with anything I ever post, please don't call me a Redneck. The definition of a Redneck is: Someone who gets their neck burned from doing an honest days work in the Sun. So if what you really want to do is compliment me, then by all means call me a Redneck J/K.
I'm a retired automobile body man and painter and have been actively involved
in photography for over forty years. Most of my pictures today are digital (Minolta Dimage S404) but my first love is 35mm. I have a bunch of old 35mm rangefinder cameras. I also have a couple of SLRs.
I have three enlargers and am looking to sell my 4x5 Kodak antique enlarger.
It's in very good shape for it's age.
I'm divorced and my ex has most of my photographs and negatives and I don't have much to offer in the way of pictures, but I just might be able to answer a few questions.
I know I'll be asking my share.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
ron
[/b]

Welcome Ron!! nice to see another american joining the boards!!!

glad to have you here, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away, weve got lots of wierdo's here to answer them.

md

Why are there so few of us Americans on this forum?
Are there any other good Ole Southern Bubbas on this forum?
How do you post a pic here?
I'll be waiting with bait on my breath for your replies.

Well there are quite a few Yankees on the board, but a lot of aussies.

To post pictures you'll need to find a host. Like http://www.snapfish.com or http://www.ecomplanet.com. Then click on over to The Photo Gallery and create a new post for your photos. Use the Img button at the top to show your images. Click it once, paste the url for your photo, click it again. voila!

Hi Ron, and welcome! I live in Atlanta, does that help with the Southern flavah? I can type in drawl on command if it'll make you feel better. :D

How's yer mama and them? :wink:

Hi Ron Welcome. Not that there are so many Aussies, they just make alot of noise, talke up a lot of room and eat all the food. Kind of like a pet Lion or something. :) j/k

Did you hear it all the way there also Chase?

So Terrri. You live in Atlanta? I use to live right outside Atlanta in College Park. That was in my youth and I was traveling with my camera (Leicaflex R1) and my old beat up guitar. I made a lot of friends in and around the Atlanta area back in 1970-71. I worked at a Ford Dealer called George Thompson Ford. I think it changed the name to Eastpoint ford.
I never even had to rent a place to live over there back then.
I guess you could say I sang for my supper.
I'm glad I don't have to depend on my looks and my singing ability today for a place to hang my hat, I'd be out in the street in no time at all.

As far as Aussies go, I look at them sorta like second cousins.
First cousins can't marry you know (well, not each other), but it's seems strange to a good old boy from Bama because we HAVE to marry our Sister if she's not married by the time she's 13.

hi ya ron,

thanks for joining, I look forward to your comments, looks like you have a lot of experience under belt.

The folks on this board are all really great, no matter where they're from and think you'll enjoy it here. I was born toccoa, ga myself- though I lost the accent ages ago.

the aussies do seem strangely silent tonight...but it is friday night here and i am about to leave this infernal laptop to get a some grog with a few mates myself.

cheers!

Most reactions

Back