my new 35mm wide angle lens

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0020.jpg

That's on your Nikon 5000? A 35mm lens on that close to what a 50mm lens is on a full frame digital or 35mm Film SLR. Great lens cause the range is about the same as what your eyes see, at least that's what everyone says. Your images look beautiful, nice and sharp so I'd say you got a good lens.

That's on your Nikon 5000? A 35mm lens on that close to what a 50mm lens is on a full frame digital or 35mm Film SLR. Great lens cause the range is about the same as what your eyes see, at least that's what everyone says. Your images look beautiful, nice and sharp so I'd say you got a good lens.

The various crop factors sure change ones perspective of a lens. On my Panasonic G1 with a crop factor of x2 that same 35mm lens is a telephoto.

Thanks reznap! Thanks Ron! Mine is 1.8X. Ya it covers what your eyes normally can see in full view....I am planning to publish a picture book on all churches in my city here in Greater Toronto Area, CAnada. Hope I get a good rep.

Coredu
Since you plan on publishing, I would like to share an idea I have been thinking of.

Get an 8ft step ladder. This way when you take some shots, you can reduce or eliminate the vertical distortion, and get a slightly different angle than the standard shots. It might be enough of a difference to help your photos stand out...just a thought.

Thanks pbelarge! Or maybe standing on top of a truck or car just like what one who took our company picture...The church stands on top of a mountain just to let you know. Thanks!

Coredu
Since you plan on publishing, I would like to share an idea I have been thinking of.

Get an 8ft step ladder. This way when you take some shots, you can reduce or eliminate the vertical distortion, and get a slightly different angle than the standard shots. It might be enough of a difference to help your photos stand out...just a thought.

hang on..perhaps i've seen your work before...do you shoot for Tall Guy magazine?

Guess I still have a lot to learn, LearnMyShot. Thanks

Most reactions

Back