my new camera!

cypilk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey..whats up .. i just started photography.. and i picked up my father's camera. its a nikon f100 with a 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6D AF Zoom-Nikkor lens. i was wondering what kind of shots this kind of setup would be most suitible for .. like..macros, fast, etc ... :D ...yeah!..that was my first post

Welcome,

While I know very little about Nikon gear, I'll try to give some answers...

From a quick check, it seems that the F100 is a pretty good camera. Better than an entry level SLR for sure. 4.5 frames per second is pretty good and would be suitable for sports photography...although an expensive, long & fast lens is helpful (needed) for good sports shots.

I didn't check the focus distance of the lens but unless it's a "macro" lens you will need accessories for doing macro. Also a tripod & remote shutter release would be helpful.

The lens is not very fast and therefore won't be that great for low light photography or shallow DOF portraits. It would be a good lens for general stuff.

It's a good camera so go out there and shoot...after a while you will have more specific questions.

thx!...i'll try to take some photos and scan em on..or something...i hope my pictures turn out okay..i have an old scanner =\

hi cypilk. get a monopod - $20.
shoot some b&w c41 film like kodak tmax or ilford xp2.
that's 400 speed - sunup-sundown film.
try using 60/sec or 30/sec shutter speeds and the highest poss aperture
(ie f8 - f22). relax!.... shoot midmorning. compose carefully and take a couple of each with different aperture settings (eg take a f16 & also then
at f11). don't be shy of getting up-close with your subjects and express
yourself through the lens. get the c41 film developed in a local lab onto CDR as jpegs (c/w negs). please post the results.

:0)

cypilk said:
hey..whats up .. i just started photography.. and i picked up my father's camera. its a nikon f100 with a 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6D AF Zoom-Nikkor lens. i was wondering what kind of shots this kind of setup would be most suitible for .. like..macros, fast, etc ... :D ...yeah!..that was my first post

Most reactions

New Topics

Back