My niece

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple pics of my niece from last summer. I love the first picture, her eyes just melt the camera. I seem to have a problem with over exposed white areas. I tried photoshopping it a bit but I think it took away from the picture. Any tips as to avoid that problem? All suggestions and c&c welcome. Thanks -BIG
IMG_3286copy.jpg

IMG_3293copy.jpg

Last edited:
Just my 2¢ here, but when I see a thread titled "My (fill-in the blank of some personal relationship) I will not likely comment. I'm not sure why I opened this thread...... except maybe to mention that.

Nice work on getting the eyes.

Just my 2¢ here, but when I see a thread titled "My (fill-in the blank of some personal relationship) I will not likely comment. I'm not sure why I opened this thread...... except maybe to mention that.

Nice work on getting the eyes.
Thanks, I understand. I changed the thread name to something that involves my situation. I will keep that in mind for the future.

You only have about two minutes to edit the title after submitting. Hope you weren't offended by my comments, it just a personal thing.

Set exposure bias to +2/3 or thereabouts, spot meter and lock on the white, lock focus on the eyes, recompose. That should get the whites relatively bright. If you need to balance things out you can finagle a RAW in post pretty easily to fix the issues.

Set exposure bias to +2/3 or thereabouts, spot meter and lock on the white, lock focus on the eyes, recompose. That should get the whites relatively bright. If you need to balance things out you can finagle a RAW in post pretty easily to fix the issues.
Hmmm, I don't know if the ol' P&S can handle that. I know I can raise or drop the exposure bias but the RAW shooting is out. I'll try to remember that for my future DSLR!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back