My photos dont get comments

Im with ya girl. Hang in there and "bump" alot.;)

My threads don't get many comments usually either, and I tend to see it as people saying, "It's not good enough to comment, but it's not bad enough to critique." I don't know how accurate that is, but for me and my level of skill in photography, I think it probably fits.

Personally, I try to comment anytime I think I have something helpful to say. Sometimes, however, since I'm still learning too, I can't exactly put my finger on what doesn't look right to me. Posting that wouldn't be a lot of help to the person who took the photo.

The advice given in this thread is good, though. If you think you've fallen in to that center point where your photos merit neither praise nor critique, then you probably also have enough experience to have a pretty good idea of where your shortcomings are. Work on strengthening those, and post pictures of your progress and ask for specific comments about those areas.

And that is advice I should take myself. :)

I often look and not reply because I'm new to this and not really sure I know what I'm talking about. If I post, it's usually something benign and not even worth it. I'll try to participate more. Keep posting.

Feel free to post up any thoughts you may have on an image. As long as its not the standard crap that people post "I like it" and then move on, its all good.

I love reading thoughts from pros and amateurs on my images. Everyone sees things a different way, all opinions are valid.

Even if its just a certain effect you like, not sure why or even what it is, post up the comment. Same goes for something that you dont like.

"I love reading thoughts from pros and amateurs on my images. Everyone sees things a different way, all opinions are valid."

On other forums I belong to, this has been my MO for years.
A fresh idea or look at what is done is a great way to open up.

Lots of views with no comments usually means that it either sucks, or is really good. :lol:

I like to assume the later.

People are quick to comment on a bad picture, but good ones go unnoticed a lot of times.

I don't put much stock in the view counts... I'm not ever really sure how it's counted... If I look at a thread 5 times, is that 5 views, or 1?

Most reactions

Back