What's new

my princess

please, no more selective coloring! lol it's like MC Hammer pants, they were cool once...once.
 
Huh...I actually thought this was an okay snap...nothing great, but I thought the selective color was actually okay in this shot... and I hate selective color...so...
 
well thank you...something positive ...lol..i think its good for one of my first
 
Huh...I actually thought this was an okay snap...nothing great, but I thought the selective color was actually okay in this shot... and I hate selective color...so...
thanks ...i love the color selection..i know i am doing photography and maybe its a lil way off...lol. but i want to think out of the box and not be like everyone else..just gotta find what is ..so i am sure its gonna be lots of trial and error ..lol...thanks for the comment
 
maybe its a lil way off...lol. but i want to think out of the box and not be like everyone else..

unfortunately, this selective color isn't out of the box.
Everyone new to post-processing tries it at first because it's something that they can do and it looks different and looks unique. But I can pretty much guarantee that >50% of everyone has tried it, usually early on and then given it up.

The best use of it I've ever seen was in the movie Schindler's List where Spielberg uses a faint reddish colored coat to pin-point a single little girl during one long extended horrible scene.
 
Why do you keep shooting vertically oriented subjects in portrait mode?
 
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm a newbie but 1. I agree try not to cut heads off buuuut I think you kind of had to pick getting the whole tutu in there or her whole head 2. I love this picture horizontal because you have the great leading lines of the fence - makes it different not just an everyday snapshot. 3. The processing is cute - as a mom it's a sweet picture of a sweet girl (this seems to be a man heavy forum) it probably isn't the kind of processing you would necessarily do for a client if you were in business.
I asked a simple question and just about had my head bit off on here the other day, don't take the harsh critiques personally!!
 
Girl you need to get over your self not being a great photographer....But neither am I! Nor a lot of people on here who think they are. It takes work and it soundsl ike your trying but it ain't going to come over night girlie. Just in this one thread you have some AWESOME photographers that took the time out of their lives to help you! You should have seen what i put up for my first posts that i truely thought were great photos! Gotta thicken the skin and listen to them and take what the say and apply it. You cant get discouraged. I got much worse CC then you and said SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP! PROVE THEM WRONG AND MAKE A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH.

Please please please dont think Im being rude b/c once you get to know me Im not that way and many others here can vouge (sp error big time!) for that. You have some of the best on this site cc'ing you and your complaining that theyre not telling you its great. Its not now make it great and show them BAM!!! I CAN! :)

and as for my cc for this image. Its def not bad. Its not that snapshotish, Ive seen a hell of a lot worse on this site. Just keep working at it girlie :)
 
Huh...I actually thought this was an okay snap...nothing great, but I thought the selective color was actually okay in this shot... and I hate selective color...so...
thanks ...i love the color selection..i know i am doing photography and maybe its a lil way off...lol. but i want to think out of the box and not be like everyone else..just gotta find what is ..so i am sure its gonna be lots of trial and error ..lol...thanks for the comment

I didn't mind the selective colour either, it's subtle.

One thing I wanted to mention (in response to your thinking outside the box comment), it's important that you know what that box actually looks like before you try to think outside of it. Don't forget to really learn the 'nuts & bolts" of photography first, otherwise you might think you've jumped out of the box when in reality you're just stuck in a corner.

Keep shooting and have fun!
 
Girl you need to get over your self not being a great photographer....But neither am I! Nor a lot of people on here who think they are. It takes work and it soundsl ike your trying but it ain't going to come over night girlie. Just in this one thread you have some AWESOME photographers that took the time out of their lives to help you! You should have seen what i put up for my first posts that i truely thought were great photos! Gotta thicken the skin and listen to them and take what the say and apply it. You cant get discouraged. I got much worse CC then you and said SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP! PROVE THEM WRONG AND MAKE A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH.

Please please please dont think Im being rude b/c once you get to know me Im not that way and many others here can vouge (sp error big time!) for that. You have some of the best on this site cc'ing you and your complaining that theyre not telling you its great. Its not now make it great and show them BAM!!! I CAN! :)

and as for my cc for this image. Its def not bad. Its not that snapshotish, Ive seen a hell of a lot worse on this site. Just keep working at it girlie :)
i am not complaining at all...if it bothered me i wouldnt had put any more pics...lol...i was being a jokester...lol....i have taken in all the critism and i will see how i do tommorow with a photo shoot i have with a 1 yr old, no worries no one is paying me ....lol....thanks for the comment
 
Huh...I actually thought this was an okay snap...nothing great, but I thought the selective color was actually okay in this shot... and I hate selective color...so...
thanks ...i love the color selection..i know i am doing photography and maybe its a lil way off...lol. but i want to think out of the box and not be like everyone else..just gotta find what is ..so i am sure its gonna be lots of trial and error ..lol...thanks for the comment

I didn't mind the selective colour either, it's subtle.

One thing I wanted to mention (in response to your thinking outside the box comment), it's important that you know what that box actually looks like before you try to think outside of it. Don't forget to really learn the 'nuts & bolts" of photography first, otherwise you might think you've jumped out of the box when in reality you're just stuck in a corner.

Keep shooting and have fun!
i just started had my camera for a month....i am starting to take classes this month and been trying to read watch tutorial...just feeding the brain..and learning from the criticism from here ....i know its not gonna happen over night
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom