My Simon

Herps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I guess this is where I can post my dinosaurs picture. This is my Green Iguana, his name is Simon. I rescued him about eight months ago from some people who obviously did'nt know how to care for him properly.:irked: They either did'nt want to take care of him, or did'nt know how to take care of him. When I first brought him home, not only could you see every bone in his body, but he had a respiratory infection, very dehydrated, and three layers of dead skin that should have already shed. He was in bad shape, here are the before and after pictures of him. He's a very healthy boy today.:lovey:

Yes, he looks miserable in the first and is happily smiling in the last two. You did great in helping him, giving him to eat and drink and the meds he needed and a good home! And he is a wonderful colour!

Good on ya for rescuing him. Iggies are such a problem because they are cheap an easy to get...yet require a very large enclosure and a lot of work. Our local Herp society has rescued many of them and has been fighting to stop the sale of them (because the just end of dead or in the societies rescue program anyway).

They rescued this one...he had been kept in a very small enclosure...all the time. His spine had grown into a snake-like shape, bending back and forth many, many times. Saddest animal I have ever seen.

The difference between the before and after pics is quite startling. It's too cute how he literally looks like he's smiling in the last two. Way to go for rescuing him.

NIce work Herps. Glad to see Simon is in a loving home now. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antarctican said:
The difference between the before and after pics is quite startling. It's too cute how he literally looks like he's smiling in the last two. Way to go for rescuing him.

I agree... nice photos and good for you for taking care of him! He's very lucky!:thumbup:

I really like the second one. THe colors you achieved in all of them are very nice, and he certainly does look a whole hell of a lot more healthy now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back