My tripod died. Help me find another?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a cheap Velbon, the crank on it quit. Gear completely sheared so the head won't go up or down anymore without me grabbing the tripod and pulling it up/pushing it down with a pretty decent amount of force. So... I gotta get a new one. I have a ball head that I like, so I need legs, and I'm looking to spend less than $100. Any recommendations? Any Manfrottos out there that might fit the bill? If it helps, I'd like something that's kind of general purpose, really-I do a bit of everything, from landscapes to automotive to products and commercial.

Manfrotto less than $100 ? Doubt it.
Maybe check craigslist :)

You can convert it to a flash stand or if you put a clamp on it, you can have it hold your reflector. I have one that was from the old Sony 8 cam and another from my film camera days (Vivitar) and I use them as such before I bought my Manfrotto also from the old film days. My Manfrotto is still good up to now. Go for a Manfrotto. They last longer.

Saw a 3001-series, ie the new 055 X-Pro leg set or whatever, with head, used, pawn shop $99.

To the Craigslist! I'll look there first and see what I can find. Thanks, guys. I'm open to other brands-are Promaster tripods any good?

Had a cheap Velbon, the crank on it quit. Gear completely sheared so the head won't go up or down anymore without me grabbing the tripod and pulling it up/pushing it down with a pretty decent amount of force. So... I gotta get a new one. I have a ball head that I like, so I need legs, and I'm looking to spend less than $100. Any recommendations? Any Manfrottos out there that might fit the bill? If it helps, I'd like something that's kind of general purpose, really-I do a bit of everything, from landscapes to automotive to products and commercial.

Well, if you don't mind something with a bit of heft, believe it or not:

Amazon.com : AmazonBasics 70-Inch Pistol Grip Tripod : Camera Tripods : Camera & Photo

Thing is built like a friggin tank. Upside, even in high wind, etc - stable as all get out. Downside - it's heavy.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Welp, that was a bust, but I did find a free Mamiya DSX-500, so it's not all bad. Totally not what I was looking for, but that's CL for ya. Off to the pawn shops or camera store.

Found a carbon fiber Promaster on sale at a local shop for a little more than $100, so I snagged it. Problem solved. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back