My version of a portrait

Great tribute, I sware I could smell my dad's workshop looking at these, and it's been 40 years.
thanks for a visit to the past. Ed

Well done. It's an interesting project, and very worthwhile. I have to come to believe that it is really only in a portfolio where photography can make any sense in this day and age, so, I approve. The connection between the pieces requires some text, which isn't great from a purist point of view, but whatever. It's a mixed-media portfolio or something, welcome to the future!

I think this could be a book.

The photo of the vise is really superb, all by itself. Just outstanding.

Wow, thank you! I'll confess that I did think of the idea, though it started out as a series of essays (here's one that I wrote two years ago: For #100: Portrait of a polyglot. | As a Linguist? Then I started getting more immersed in photography again and I thought of a mixture of pictures and essays. When I revived the Polaroid, more and more ideas started to come.

I do agree that the pictures are a bit disjointed at the moment. I've got others I haven't scanned and I'm also just starting on the project. I'm getting ready for a show in April that will include me and one other photographer and it will be exclusively Polaroids. I wanted to have a cohesive theme but show the range of techniques that can be used with the emulsions (lifts, transfers, negative recovery).

The picture of the vice is one of my favorites. :heart:

Most reactions

Back