My version of The Joker

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my buddy paint his face like the Joker tonight. I've been wanting to try my hand at this for some time. So, here it is. Tell me what you think.

581411217_yN6iy-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty nice, I like all aspects of it except for the catchlights, and the overexposure of the nose. All in all, a good shot.

tharmsen....awesome work (as usual!) I just wanted to thank you for that image as I am getting ready for bed...home alone with just my two basset hounds (yeah, they are good personal protection dogs...lol)! Anyway, all of that to say that it's enough to scare the bejesus out of me I know that...thanks for the nightmares! :lol:

i think it's dark, and scares the hell out of me.
love the lighting on this one.
well done.

I think it looks pretty awesome. Really dark and brooding. I love the fact that you can see the little bit of white in the one eye. Very cool.

I don't like the fact that it's a floating head with an absolutely black background. I think something besides total black, even if it was still very dark might have worked better. I like the lighting, but the hotspots are a bit much, and I like the angle but I feel like the crop is too tight. You definitely captured the creepiness of the Joker though... "Do you know how I got these scars...?" *shudder*

tharmsen....awesome work (as usual!) I just wanted to thank you for that image as I am getting ready for bed...home alone with just my two basset hounds (yeah, they are good personal protection dogs...lol)! Anyway, all of that to say that it's enough to scare the bejesus out of me I know that...thanks for the nightmares! :lol:
Hehe, how did you sleep last night? :)

I like it, but the only thing is there seems to be little detail in the eyes. It's almost like they're not there. Unless that was intentional.

I like the lack of eye detail. Makes it even more creepy.
Yeah, its a good one.

Why so SERIOUS ! :D

Haha, this is cool! You are so lucky you have such willing mates who go along with all of your crazy but cool ideas, I am jealous!! Great job, definitely very, very dark!

And why are you posting this stuff in the beginner's forum? At least get the focus on the forehead, blow the shot out, or use selective coloring to better fit in. Nice shot though, and nice work on the makeup.

And why are you posting this stuff in the beginner's forum? At least get the focus on the forehead, blow the shot out, or use selective coloring to better fit in. Nice shot though, and nice work on the makeup.

I was thinking the same thing.

We need a "Pro quality but not full time job" forum, ha.

Hehe, how did you sleep last night? :)

Not well my friend...not well. :p

Considering I bought my first DSLR about 6 months ago, my studio lights maybe 2 months ago and I have a total of maybe 5 "studio" / modeling shoots under my belt... I think I still qualify as a beginner. I'm glad you guys think my photos belong in a "almost pro" forum, but I'm still brand spanking new to all of this. I spend more time screwing around, taking test shots, adjusting stuff, screwing around some more, etc. than I do actually shooting and getting the shots I want. Then I come home and screw with the images in Photoshop for another couple of hours... think I have something, then delete it and start over until I finally think I might have something worth sharing.

Considering I bought my first DSLR about 6 months ago, my studio lights maybe 2 months ago and I have a total of maybe 5 "studio" / modeling shoots under my belt... I think I still qualify as a beginner. I'm glad you guys think my photos belong in a "almost pro" forum, but I'm still brand spanking new to all of this. I spend more time screwing around, taking test shots, adjusting stuff, screwing around some more, etc. than I do actually shooting and getting the shots I want. Then I come home and screw with the images in Photoshop for another couple of hours... think I have something, then delete it and start over until I finally think I might have something worth sharing.

You hide it well. You're talented at photography.

Most reactions

Back