My walk to work today

treeafodo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately I've been walking to work for a couple reasons. First is to save gas, and second I want to be able to take a picture if I see something. This one was on my walk this afternoon. There is a bunch of cat tails in the ditch I cross while taking a short cut. Pretty much my first time shooting outside during the day. Kind of tricky with the amount of light coming in when pointing directly at the sun.
1/1000 Exposure, f/22, ISO 100

I'm curious what I could improve on. I did leave the trees in the bottom there intentionally. I thought it looked it odd with no context other than the sky. Thanks for looking:D

Last edited:
Pretty cool photo. The bottom seems kind of dark and I might think about how much of the trees I'd want in the picture, the most interesting part I think is the backlit cattail against the white clouds and blue sky. I thought at first it didn't seem real sharp but then thought it might be the way the light's coming thru it. I like the perspective too, helps make it seem more powerful than just a simple cattail.

Well don't want to sound like a jerk but, no matter what I probably will. Question I have is why do you feel the need to put your name/logo/water mark on this particular photo? I don't mind when I see logos/water marks in corners faded a little bit. In this case I don't think you will have any problem with someone stealing it and using it for profit. Its just an ok photo nothing real special about it.

Just wondering and asking thats all...

Well don't want to sound like a jerk but, no matter what I probably will. Question I have is why do you feel the need to put your name/logo/water mark on this particular photo? I don't mind when I see logos/water marks in corners faded a little bit. In this case I don't think you will have any problem with someone stealing it and using it for profit. Its just an ok photo nothing real special about it.

Just wondering and asking thats all...
I like putting my name on my pictures due to the amount of different forums I'm on. Pictures get tossed around a lot. Do I need to put a watermark on my shots because they're good and might get stolen? No, but I do want people to at least give me credit for it, and if they see it with my name they might want to look up my other stuff. Make sense? I'm still very new to photography so I find it difficult to get interesting shots of everyday things, I guess my eye hasn't developed yet. That said, photography is just a hobby to me, I don't have any plans to make money from it, I just want people to see my work if they wanted to look it up. I do agree that was a bad spot for the watermark though and I did move it.

Cat Tail by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

You wasted my time be deleting your pic!!

No sir! It's not showing up in the initial post for me. Now I see the added pics. I like the first one best.

Nice job on the silhouette! The trees does add some context to the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back