My wife(C&C Please)

taknbyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Attempted this one of my wife C&C appreciated as I am new and still learning!
heartsc.jpg

i like how the hearts are.

Thank you both.. Its a heart bokeh I made out of cardboard.

Very nice. IMO it would look better if the she wasnt cut off and there was alittle space to the right.

I think the focus on your wife couldve been better.

Love the hearts!

Honest opinion follows:

If you want to be a good photographer, concentrate on taking good pictures and leave the cutesy stuff for others. Don't get caught up in the ability to do cutesy. And this is not bokeh - bokeh is the way the lens handles out of focus points of light.

This is not a particularly flattering picture of an attractive woman, the light is relatively harsh and she has shadows under her eyes and her chin.

She is crushed against the right margin while completely meaningless background lights take up 2/3 of the picture.

When there is a relatively dark situation and your subject is wearing a dark shirt, her head will appear out of nowhere

Last edited:
very nice. Like her expression and the heart shaped lights are a nice addition!

I agree in part with The Traveler other than there is nothing wrong with the "cutsey" stuff. She isn't in perfect focus and the light isn't flattering. Also the composition isn't the greatest, but it looks as though you were attempting to follow the rule of thirds. But I would agree to work on getting a good handle with light and composition before going after the "cutesy" things.

The Traveler's description of bokeh is correct. It's derived from the japanese word bokashi (blur). But I know how you did the hearts and it is a bokeh. You are just forcing the way the lens shapes the blur of light, hence handling out of focus points of light. So still bokeh.

Since you said you're still learning, I would check out a few videos found around the net that talk about light (or in this case flash) both on and off camera.

Al in all, not a bad shot. Just work on lighting and composition.

Along with what's been said, I'll add this...

I think it's a pretty awesome and something not everyone has, in fact very few have something like this of their significant other - I love the heart bokeh and the meaning behind the photograph.

Sure, it may not be technically a work of art - it's still very creative and a keeper in my book.

The hearts are alittle silly IMO. You have a lovely wife, but the composition is just not there, she is cutoff and did I mention the hearts are not helping?

The hearts are alittle silly IMO. You have a lovely wife, but the composition is just not there, she is cutoff and did I mention the hearts are not helping?
I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I LOVE the hearts!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back