My wife shoots full auto - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence to you Ron but they look like snap shots. I do understand they have personal meaning to you and that's great, I have plenty of shots like that of my family and friends that I keep in my personal library.

I have only been a member here a VERY short time, I am a member of many other forums, guns, truck, cars....and NEVER have I seen such a bunch of snooty better than thou, Im so much better than you kinda snoobs......I see it nearly every post.....I didnt see Ron ask for C&C he was mearly showing his wifes shots and proud of her....and before the post could get started the asses came out and begin the attact.....**** man, didnt your mama ever tell you if you cant say something nice keep your damn lips shut.....what a bunch of snivling little fanboys.....

Ron, I think the pics are great.....

Why in the hell should anyone get patted on a back for shooting below par images in a photography forum? I see thread after thread of people getting told their work is awesome when its not. How is that even helpful to someone who's trying to grow as a photographer?

Hats off to the handfull of you that are willing to be honest with everyone here.

Yes, but there is a difference between this......

No offence to you Ron but they look like snap shots. I do understand they have personal meaning to you and that's great, I have plenty of shots like that of my family and friends that I keep in my personal library.

And being a blatent self-aggrandizing asshat like some other posts in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem here.

To Ron, Thanks for posting these. Snapshots or not, it's nice to see someone that's here just for the love of the game, rather than to don the fingerless leather gloves of the rouge keyboard commando.

Why in the hell should anyone get patted on a back for shooting below par images in a photography forum? I see thread after thread of people getting told their work is awesome when its not. How is that even helpful to someone who's trying to grow as a photographer?

Hats off to the handfull of you that are willing to be honest with everyone here.

jesus, really? *shakes head* why does ever picture posted on this forum have to be depicted as 'art' and need to be perfect?
heaven forbid if you share a picture you happen to like and dont ask for C&C.

OMG... i used my cell phone to make a picture and not my DSLR in full manual mode. :eek i hope i dont get banned.

I agree, the shots don't do anything for me and look like basic snapshots. Although I do see that Ron is attempting to be more lighthearted. I mean clearly Ron's shots are typically better than this. However, with that said, I don't think it makes anyone a bad guy for saying they don't like the shots. Many people might not get where Ron is coming from and may just assume this is one more thread to critique photos on in a beginners forum. The people that are thinking that everyone just isn't being honest, or giving credit where its not due, simply do not understand that many people here like Ron, and not every thread is designed to be a sh!t slinging match.

I will add, that while often times, from a technical stand point, I may not like some things Ron posts, he brings something to this forum that others don't ( and it's something I think we all lose sight of at times ) and that is a simple love for photography. All the technical crap put aside, and just shooting to shoot.

And being a blatent self-aggrandizing asshat like some other posts in this thread.
I'm pretty sure that's the problem here.[/QUOTE]

errrrr....

errrrr....

I would hope that it is very obvious that your post is not what I was referring to as problematic.

The way it was quoted in the post above leaves room for misinterpretation.

Last edited:
I would like to remind users that the Beginners section is only to be used for the posting of photos with the intent for critique. It is not a free-for-all photo posting subsection of the site. As such posting photos in this section it should be expected to receive constructive critical commentary on ones photography and I am greatly disappointed to read several members decrying the giving of critique in a section dedicated to it.

We have several subject based galleries where one can post (but where critique is also possible) and also the Just for Fun gallery, which is the only gallery dedicated to photo posting without expecting critique and is there purely for the sharing of photographs.

Secondly the correct action for dealing with posts that you feel are offensive to other members of the site (or yourself) is to report the post to the moderation team - not to start a witch hunt/flame war.

Finally remember that critique must be constructive to be of any use - opinions and viewpoints regarding photos are one approach, but without any constructive input for the photographer who's work is being critiqued to work from its often only viewed as empty words and can, in some cases, more easily be seen as insult rather than unbiased opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back