Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife shoots full auto with a Panasonic GF1 & 14-45 lens. She came home today after a hike with our daughter & her dog, with these pics.

P1000805sm.jpg

P1000804sm-1.jpg

P1000794sm-1.jpg

Dammit, I hate it when she shows me up.

Ron, you are to be commended for having such exquisite taste and judgement in marrying the wonderful woman who is your wife.;)

Maybe its just me, but they look like they were shot by someone who shoots in Auto. Just snapshots imo. Center framed, motion blur on dog/water, etc etc.

i agree... if you learn the settings and work with composition you should easily be able to get better shots

Doesn't really matter if they were shot fully auto, half auto, or anything else, it's two happy snaps of the back of a dog jumping into water, and one of a dog's head in the water. Ron, how average a photographer can you be, if this is "showing you up" Oh nice exposure though.

I kinda sense a little sarcasm in the whole "showing me up" thing...but i could be wrong :/ either way, nice dog :p

Well, they're obviously not good pictures because they were shot in full auto. Everyone knows that "good pictures" can only be taken in manual mode (well, Av if you're a noob).

Last edited:
They just aren't good images, it's really that simple. I'm sure lots of people have produced great images using full auto, I wouldn't write off any setting on a camera. The fact that it was shot on auto makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back