My wife wanted a color splash shot. Plus, Gotta love the Golden Hour. CC if you want

I figured. When that reply first came up that's exactly what I thought. I have been reading on here and it seemed that even if he did like it that it wouldn't bee expressed in that way. Maybe he was being sarcastic?

The photo was basically what my wife wanted. I honestly hate color selection, but it's something I have to use sometimes because I live in a town with about 2000 people in it that receives trends that aren't on TV about 5 years late. So EVERYONE around here wants selective colored photos. I didn't shoot the photo planning on making her black and white. When I was doing the PP I was looking for what I wanted to be B&W and she was holding a vintage camera, so I went with it.

But as for the color selecting. I am about as fond of it as you are.

I think Blake explained his position very well but it would be nice to see the full colour version along side for those of us wondering what it may have looked like.

Here's the full color shot before any editing or anything.

xqdsn9.jpg

I love this photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derrel, did you get hacked?

I, me,Derrel, the very first responder to the thread, the initial commenter, the first to respond, the respondent,the one whose name is spelled D_e_r_r_e_l, the big guy

really:absolutely, actually, admittedly, as a matter of fact, assuredly, authentically, beyond doubt, categorically, certainly, de facto, easily, for real, genuinely, honestly, in actuality, in point of fact, in reality, indeed, indubitably, legitimately, literally, no ifs ands or buts, of course, positively, precisely, surely, truly

like:admire, adore, appreciate, approve, be gratified by, am keen on, am partial to, am pleased by, am sweet on, care for, cherish, delight in, derive pleasure from, dig*, dote on, esteem, find appealing, get a kick out of, go for, hold dear, love, luxuriate in, prize, rejoice in, relish, revel in, savor, , take an interest in, take delight in, take satisfaction in, take to

this:that, the aforementioned one, the one in question, the thing indicated, this one

photo: photograph, photo, digital photo, Photoshop creation, photo illustration; selectively colored photograph

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = emphatic, emphasis, extremely emphatic emphasis

I find that I really like the tree and background in the first shot, great light!

I am not a fan of sc as just like tyler said, it doesnt add anything to the photo in this case. I really like the full color version through. great shot

I am not a fan of sc as just like tyler said, it doesnt add anything to the photo in this case. I really like the full color version through. great shot

I think I'm going to edit the full color and save it too. I'll upload it tomorrow. I have to work early haha.

Derrel, did you get hacked?

Haha, you trying to say something there? :er:

While selective coloring doesn't float my boat in most instances (this one included.) I don't feel like it adds anything to the photo.

Why should your wife be in black and white? Are you trying to showcase her and the old camera? Or were you trying to draw attention to the trees around her? I find myself wanting to look at your wife (not sexually, of course) but the surroundings are just too in your face. I think the photo may have had more effect if SHE was in color, and the surroundings were in black and white. Especially if she uses primarily black and white film.

As for asking Derrel if he got hacked; his post just didn't seem characteristic... Lets just say that.

I have to agree completely. Its a decent shot, but the selective color ruins it for me. There doesn't seem like there is a point to making all the leaves green. Maybe if it somehow tied into the subject. Perhaps have the lens on the camera glowing green as well? Not sure.

As for Derrel, I don't know if its out of character or not. I mean the OP does have Nikon listed in his sig, and you know how Derrel salivates whenever he sees that word. :lol:

Well. I don't hate the selective colouring but I tend to agree, it doesn't add anything. Out of all honesty what came to mind when I saw it was an old camera manual where they have some funny background colour and then the pretty lady drawing showing you just how to hold your camera. Not a bad thing, not a good thing :)

Put that's all personal taste. And her hand looks fine (ie. not big)

Haha, you trying to say something there? :er:

While selective coloring doesn't float my boat in most instances (this one included.) I don't feel like it adds anything to the photo.

Why should your wife be in black and white? Are you trying to showcase her and the old camera? Or were you trying to draw attention to the trees around her? I find myself wanting to look at your wife (not sexually, of course) but the surroundings are just too in your face. I think the photo may have had more effect if SHE was in color, and the surroundings were in black and white. Especially if she uses primarily black and white film.

As for asking Derrel if he got hacked; his post just didn't seem characteristic... Lets just say that.

I have to agree completely. Its a decent shot, but the selective color ruins it for me. There doesn't seem like there is a point to making all the leaves green. Maybe if it somehow tied into the subject. Perhaps have the lens on the camera glowing green as well? Not sure.

As for Derrel, I don't know if its out of character or not. I mean the OP does have Nikon listed in his sig, and you know how Derrel salivates whenever he sees that word. :lol:

Douchey comment, Canon man...If you think the OP's photo sucks, come right out and SAY IT....you're being offensive to the OP,and to me,all in one cheap shot post.

BTW, I own about $10,000 worth of Canon d-slr bodies and lenses...I didn't happen to even see what camera the guy shoots when I posted....I actually like the shot...I used to own an Instamatic like that back when you were a glimmer in your dad's mind...

The entire junior high school attitude here is amazing.

Most reactions

Back