NASCAR Photos

I really liked the motion effect in the first one. Nice job!

imagemaker46 said:
The race I shot I was working the pits most of the time, that's where all the action is, unless there is a wreck. It's like shooting F1, everything starts to look the same. I've seen some brilliant shots from both types of racing, generally coming from the guys that follow the circuit, increases the odds of getting some great stuff when you shoot all the races. Just like anything else.

Ive seen a few situation where i think air has got under car and they have flipped shots of that would look good if nobody got hurt

Like any car races there is always the possibility of spectacular crashes. Nascar has more than it's share of them, being in the right place when it happens is all about luck for the most part. Some tracks have certain areas that are more prone to crashes, being able to shoot around these areas, while restricted to only accredited photographers, do produce some great images.

imagemaker46 said:
Like any car races there is always the possibility of spectacular crashes. Nascar has more than it's share of them, being in the right place when it happens is all about luck for the most part. Some tracks have certain areas that are more prone to crashes, being able to shoot around these areas, while restricted to only accredited photographers, do produce some great images.

I dont usual spray shoot but i got a great 11 shots of a rally car flipping on its roof a few years ago all the other photographers were on the safe side they missed it

imagemaker46 said:

I dont usual spray shoot but i got a great 11 shots of a rally car flipping on its roof a few years ago all the other photographers were on the safe side they missed it
Being on the unsafe side can have it's drawbacks... I was shooting a tough-truck rally a couple of years ago, and had a great position. I got this shot, and then had to beat feet out of the area as he caught his left rear on the log and came right over top, landing upside down pretty much right where I was shooting....

tirediron said:
Being on the unsafe side can have it's drawbacks... I was shooting a tough-truck rally a couple of years ago, and had a great position. I got this shot, and then had to beat feet out of the area as he caught his left rear on the log and came right over top, landing upside down pretty much right where I was shooting....

But you got the shot

These shots are from Loudon and Dover. Im normally in the infield but for Dover, I was on top of the building in turn 1. After a while, you only need so much of cars panning or super sharp front 3/4 shots. In reality the only thing thats important are the start, finish, multiple cars in a single frame. I rarely stick around the pits for those photos. Next race, Ill get start finish and tons of pit shots. I don't have any, so I need to build that aspect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back