Naturally lit Newborn

I like them both a lot, both are so innocent and look very natural.

I guess it's a bigger conversation but these look more "real" than if they had been fill to get rid of all shadow and depth.

The OPs intent was to use natural light and that being the case I think they nailed it.

And if you use "natural light" with a reflector, then I guess it is no longer "Natural"? lol! (especially since there is no such thing as "natural" light.. only ambient light!) Although yes.. I know what the amateurish term is supposed to mean....

Last edited:
Oh wow.. lol What has become of this thread...

I'm not offended by anything that was said to me.
I am a single mom of three littles (2, 4, and 6) and so the least amount of time I can spend editing pictures the better! So I do want to get things right, in-camera, during my sessions.
I was here 2 years ago and things were BRUTAL! BUT.. I learned soooooo much! I had to grow a thick skin to take the hardcore bashing, but in the end, I benefited greatly from all the feedback I got here. When it became to much, I just left.
This is nothing. Feedback is all, and I wouldn't have posted my pictures if I didn't want it. ;)

Nothing wrong with the lighting if you ask me. I would edit them a bit differently, but thats my personal taste. Background of the first on behind the baby needs a bit more blurred out or smoothing as well as the second one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back