Nature 'n' humanity

Hi Adaptable and welcome to the forum :)
I like where you are trying to go with this, there is potential in the texture of the old wood and nails.
The light that you captured looks like you took this on an overcast/dull day. There is delicious detail and colours in old wood and rusty nails if you catch great light (often early/late in the day when the sun sits low in the sky). Another time to get great rich colours in wood/rust is after a rain.

The background is distracting, watch what is being captured back there and how you want it to read in the image. The red steel draws the eye away from your subject because it is the boldest colour as does the white in the sky which looks blown out.
Hope this is helpful! Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff :)
J

PixelRabbit said:
Hi Adaptable and welcome to the forum :)
I like where you are trying to go with this, there is potential in the texture of the old wood and nails.
The light that you captured looks like you took this on an overcast/dull day. There is delicious detail and colours in old wood and rusty nails if you catch great light (often early/late in the day when the sun sits low in the sky). Another time to get great rich colours in wood/rust is after a rain.

The background is distracting, watch what is being captured back there and how you want it to read in the image. The red steel draws the eye away from your subject because it is the boldest colour as does the white in the sky which looks blown out.
Hope this is helpful! Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff :)
J

Thx so much for ur comment, I try to apply ur suggestions, I'm a new photographer, thx for help:)

Most reactions

Back