Nature Pic

Nice job! That is a beautiful flower.

Now tell us what your thoughts were when taking this lovely image? What did you think about the angle you shot? What about the background? What considerations did you have when framing this stunning composition?

Come on if your going to be honest i can take it this time is it really a nice shot? I was thinking along the lines of srping is coming back and it's the first flower I see that has color. As for angle I couldn't get any lower but now thinking about it I wish I had an angle that had the entire image. The background is too much. Umm just take out as much of the non-flower as I could w/o taking away the image. Oh wow I should write these question down.

The red dot is where I think I am :)

The blue dot... Oh, there isn't one... oops...

whereami.jpg

Come on if your going to be honest i can take it this time is it really a nice shot? As for angle I couldn't get any lower .

Its not a nice shot no, but he did ask valuable questions.
I disagree on ability to get lower, think outside the box, you need to be on the ground, there is no way you are on the ground if I can see the ground from that angle.
Sit the camera down on the ground, use the horizon as your background.

I don't think the angle of the shot is the most important problem here. I think its the busyness of the background, and how close the background is to the subject. If you were to look a different direction, perhaps, and at the same angle, it may produce something a little more appealing, and possibly give it a little more depth, but a lower angle of the flower would also give you a better depth, like others suggested. Also a more open aperture would help the most.

1:00 pm makes for difficult light to work with, further complicating things. Wait until the sun is lowest in the sky. Either morning or evening.

Other than that, it looks like a snapshot.

Are either one of these look better I think the second one shows a better angle and is in more focus.

4425726538_26463879d5.jpg

4424945289_488a4cd1b9.jpg

I don't think the angle of the shot is the most important problem here. I think its the busyness of the background, and how close the background is to the subject. If you were to look a different direction, perhaps, and at the same angle, it may produce something a little more appealing, and possibly give it a little more depth, but a lower angle of the flower would also give you a better depth, like others suggested. Also a more open aperture would help the most.

1:00 pm makes for difficult light to work with, further complicating things. Wait until the sun is lowest in the sky. Either morning or evening.

Other than that, it looks like a snapshot.
Ye it's a bit hard with a cloudy sky and school in the morning and work at night.

Ye it's a bit hard with a cloudy sky and school in the morning and work at night.

Take your gear to school/work. You're telling me you can't find things to take photos of at either place? A good photo is all around, you just have to see them. Check out http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/196754-angles-shadows.html A couple I shot from a chair in an airport terminal because I was bored waiting for a plane....
Ok well I actually need to go and get ready for work.

i think the 2nd is better, for the reasons you give. but unluckily, there just happens to be something beyond it which is rendered as distracting bokeh. a far as background goes though, this is a better situation. the first image you posted - the background was too busy, too active with leaves etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back