What's new

need a opinion

Christina

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Location
jacksonville, fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK so a guy that i worked with passed away and his family and some co-workers thought it would be nice to put a memorial up & asked if i would take a picture. this is what i came up with. any thoughts?

memorial006.jpg
 
Hello,

I see why you've done a mix of color and b&W but it's a bit weird...
It's a difficult shot because the people are much lower than the memorial, so you did quite well actually.

But I think the B&W conversion is quite poor. A lot of hightlight (look at this guy's Tee on the right, super duper flashy-white), and the B&W is quite grey. I don't know what the colour picture looks like, do you have the same hightlights? If not, maybe try to fix it,

See ya!
 
I noticed some blue color on the guys shirt in the middle front.
​
 
I also think it's a difficult shot and there's only so much you can do with it.

Would it be terribly dishonest to move the tree thing down a tad so you could crop closer in to the people?

Also, maybe post the original so we can see it on color? If you stick with the B&W, I'd tone down the color a little of the colored part. And I also see blue on the one guy also.
 
Here - I didn't bother to smooth it up, but to give you an idea:

memorial006_edited-1.jpg
 
i also noticed the guys shirt having a smudge of blue in it after i had already posted.

im not exactly photoshop savy, but i do see what you mean about moving the memorial down, exactly how did you do that?
 
I just cut a chunk out of it, copied it and slid it down - the copy is over the original, so you can't see it - I had to move the sign and the round thing seperately - see the line between them? Then, you'd work a little on the tree leaves to get rid of the lines - you can still see them, as well, but I didn't really bother with that. If you look close or zoom in, you'll see them easily. I can fool with it later if you like and make it look much better, but I won't have time until later, if I have time to get back tonight.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom