Need advice

BillyG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please bare with me I dont know how to ask this but here goes. I am 70 and shake A lot yes I have A trypod but it is not always the way to go. I have been shooting i A/V would it be better to shoot in shuttermode. yes I know I should try smode but I can not get out much. I do thank you for your t.me BillyG.

A monopod would be more convenient than a tripod. Lighter and easier to use, yet not quite as stable. It would help eliminate some of the shakiness though, I know since I'm starting to get some myself.

Are you asking how to reduce camera shake effects in your images ?

What camera and lenses are you using ?

BillyG, I am not shaky yet, but I suppose time will tell. I would suggest that you may wish to examine the lens and the exposure/shutter/ISO combinations you use and maybe you have to adjust the settings to compensate for the shakiness. Sometimes, how to deal with this situation - depends a lot on where you are. If I am cruising the back roads, I find that I can often prop my camera and lens on the top of my car, or a bean bag across a door frame. Sometimes, if there are fences around then I might throw the bean bag on the top of a fence post of something similar. Alternatively, I may prop myself up against a tree or the edge of a building, if available. I will also use a tripod as necessary. Indoors, taking pics of the relatives, I am afraid I don't have any good suggestions - maybe prop yourself up against a wall or the corner of a doorway, or again, modify the camera settings to compensate.

SCraig's suggestion of a monopod is also a good one. If you do get one, I would suggest that you get a quick release component for what ever head you get for the monopod.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back